Director of R&D Business Development
R&D – R&D /
Silvus Technologies is dedicated to one mission: connecting those who keep us safe. We do so by delivering the most advanced Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET) radios powered by our custom and ever evolving Mobile-Networked MIMO waveform. Together, our radios and waveform provide the vital communications for mission critical applications in the harshest environments from underground tunnels to high altitude balloons.
Silvus StreamCaster ™ radios are being rapidly adopted by customers all over the world ranging from the U.S. and Allied Nations Departments of Defense, to International, Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement agencies, all the way to the Superbowl, Grammys and industry-leading drone, robot, and other unmanned systems manufacturers.
Would you like to join an incredibly talented group of people, doing very challenging work, with the prime directive of “Keeping Our Heroes Connected”?
Silvus’ rapid growth is fueled by a focus on research and innovation and a team of the most passionate, skilled and creative thinking individuals. If you are looking for a fulfilling experience, you owe it to yourself to learn how Silvus can be the next chapter of your career.
The Director of R&D Business Development position reports into the Research & Development Group and is located at Silvus headquarters in the heart of West Los Angeles, CA. Silvus’ rapid growth is fueled by a focus on research and innovation and a team of the most passionate, skilled and creative thinking individuals. If you are looking for a challenging experience, you owe it to yourself to learn how Silvus can be the next chapter of your career.
The Director of R&D Business Development position has both internally and externally focused responsibilities and is critical to the company’s success as a provider of multi antenna (MIMO), advanced mesh networking, resilient wireless communications, and RF sensing technologies to both government and commercial markets. This is an ideal position for an entrepreneurial minded individual who wants to experience first-hand, the excitement of introducing new capabilities in critical applications where no current solutions exist.
The Director of R&D Business Development is expected to:
- Lead and increase the level of government R&D funding in the company
- Oversee the technology roadmap under the direction of the Director of R&D
- Work with the Director of R&D and VP of Engineering to oversee the successful technical delivery of R&D programs
- Positively impact the company’s IP portfolio
- Travel requirements - frequent travel for meetings, events, and demonstrations
This position is on a hybrid schedule, a minimum of 3 days onsite per week is expected. Onsite days are: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reach out to external funding organization, monitor funding opportunities, and attend informational and networking events
- Lead white paper and proposal development leading to contract awards
- Work with the Director of R&D and VP of engineering to identify technical development priorities and roadmaps and help in the execution of those roadmaps
- Provide technical support and participate in business development activities such as experiments, demonstration events, and customer meetings
- Grow, manage, and mentor a diversified engineering work force as part of business development (BD) and program execution efforts
- Grow the company’s IP portfolio as part of the BD and execution efforts
- Supervisory Responsibilities - Direct supervisory duty may include one technical staff member
- MS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 9 years of relevant wireless communication systems industry design experience; 7 years of experience with a PhD in Electrical Engineering
- Working knowledge of RF signal propagation, channel modeling, digital communications, RF sensing, signal analysis, machine learning, and/or associated signal processing technologies
- Experience in RF sensing and signal analysis
- Demonstrated experience with customer engagement with a focus on the government sector
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Leadership and team building experience
- Fluency in technical presentations, proposal writing, and technical reporting
- Working knowledge of simulation tools such as MATLAB and C
- Successful track record for delivering differentiated technology
- Knowledge of MIMO systems and mesh networking
- Secret Clearance is a plus due to occasional classified discussions and/or specification documents
$170,000 - $200,000 a year
The pay range is NOT a guarantee, is based on market research and peer data, and will vary depending on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
NOTE - As a US Federal Contractor, Silvus Technologies requires that ALL candidates being considered for employment for any position (regardless of level) MUST be a U.S. Person (permanent resident or citizen). Stricter U.S. Citizen ONLY requirements (needed for some Engineering or R&D roles) will be included in the Required Qualifications section of the posted position. Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check. This does NOT apply to International positions; only job postings for positions located in the US.
Silvus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion or belief, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*Silvus does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Silvus Technologies.