Supply Chain Data Analyst and Planner
Los Angeles /
Operations – Production /
Silvus is a rapidly-growing high-tech entrepreneurial company in the heart of West Los Angeles. The company delivers the most technologically advanced Mobile Ad-Hoc Networking (MANET) solution to multiple markets including: Law Enforcement; Unmanned Systems; and Military, among others. Along with its successful MANET product line, the company also delivers on ground breaking research in the area of wireless data communications. The company has experienced rapid growth over the past 12 months and is expecting the rate of growth to continue with the introduction of new products and services.
To meet the company’s rapidly growing electronics product manufacturing requirement,
we are looking for a Supply Chain Analyst and Planner to help with supply chain analysis,
planning, procurement, and inventory management. The successful candidate will need
strong analytical skills, be detail oriented, and fast paced to quickly adapt to a dynamic
supply chain environment and rapid product demand changes. This position is on a hybrid
schedule, a minimum of 3 days onsite per week is expected.
- Understands product constructs, manufacturing processes, supply chain
operations, and their interdependence..
- Works alongside the supply chain manager and buyers to understand lead time of
components and sub-contractor services.
- Works alongside the manufacturing team and the sales team to capture and
understand demand forecasts.
- Uses analytical and advanced spreadsheet skills to plan for material and services
requirements based on demand forecasts and lead time without an ERP or MRP
- Quickly adapts to sudden demand and/or lead time changes and reformulates
- Creates purchase orders, reviews open orders, tracks on-time delivery, expedites
with suppliers, and/or escalates any critical paths with management.
- Liaises with Receiving, Warehouse, Shipping, Production, Quality, Engineering and
Sales teams to support requirements and avoid line down and missed shipments.
- Supports Warehouse Clerk to maintain accurate inventory counts, help with cycle
counts and consigned kits.
- Requests quotes and helps negotiate costs and lead times.
- Maintains item master with latest prices and lead times.
- Works with suppliers on escalations and corrective actions.
- Works with Finance and suppliers to resolve AP discrepancies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Math, Physics, Engineering, or any other fields
requiring strong analytical and math skills.
- Must be efficient with numbers and formulas.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be efficient with analyzing different hypothetical scenarios to support
risk/benefits analysis and decision making.
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task in a fast paced and dynamic
- Proficiency in Excel or Google sheets is a must (Vlookups, subtotals, macros, etc…).
- Relevant experiences in electronics manufacturing and supply chain is a plus.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check.
- Must be a U.S. person (U.S. Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizen) due to clients
under U.S. government contracts.
- Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check.
$70,000 - $110,000 a year
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.