Los Angeles /
R&D – R&D /
Silvus is a rapidly-growing high-tech entrepreneurial company in the heart of West Los Angeles. The company delivers the most technologically advanced Mobile Ad-Hoc Networking (MANET) solution to multiple markets including: Law Enforcement; Unmanned Systems; and Military, among others. Along with its successful MANET product line, the company also delivers on ground breaking research in the area of wireless data communications. The company has experienced rapid growth over the past 12 months and is expecting the rate of growth to continue with the introduction of new products and services.
Participate in the design, simulation, prototyping, and testing of wireless communication and sensing projects and products.
Must be a U.S. person, U.S. Citizen, or U.S. Permanent Resident due to clients under the U.S. government contracts.
Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Algorithm and protocol design and parameterization for wireless systems projects.
- MatLab & C/C++ based simulator development and maintenance.
- Fixed point design and simulation in support of hardware implementation.
- Hands-on work with Silvus radio products and Research & Development prototypes.
- System testing and characterization, to include:
- Lab equipment for signal generation, channel emulation, spectrum analysis, etc.
- Custom test utilities and data capture/analysis scripts.
- Field test planning and execution.
- Work with hardware and software engineers to characterize and troubleshoot.
- Work with field test engineers to plan and execute realistic field testing.
- Report to project lead, department director, and management as needed.
- Participate in the generation of technical documentation and presentations.
- Perform other related duties of which the above are representative, as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Education
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum Experience
- 2 or more years of relevant communication systems design experience.
- Skills Required
- Fluent with C/C++, MATLAB, and/or Python.
- Working knowledge of RF signal propagation, channel modeling, and digital communication technologies.
- Familiarity with cognitive radio, interference mitigation, RF sensing.
- Familiarity with mesh networking, medium access control, and routing.
- Knowledge of MIMO, OFDM, and basic digital signal processing techniques.
- Semi-frequent local or long-distance travel for feature testing and demonstration
Silvus Technologies Los Angeles Headquarters
Compensation Range: $100k - 130k
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.