Sales Engineer - West LA Based!
Sales – Sales Engineering /
Silvus Technologies is dedicated to one mission: connecting those who keep us safe. We do so by delivering the most advanced Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET) radios powered by our custom and ever evolving Mobile-Networked MIMO waveform. Together, our radios and waveform provide the vital communications for mission critical applications in the harshest environments from underground tunnels to high altitude balloons.
Silvus StreamCaster ™ radios are being rapidly adopted by customers all over the world ranging from the U.S. and Allied Nations Departments of Defense, to International, Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement agencies, all the way to the Superbowl, Grammys and industry-leading drone, robot, and other unmanned systems manufacturers.
Would you like to join an incredibly talented group of people, doing very challenging work, with the prime directive of “Keeping Our Heroes Connected”?
Silvus’ rapid growth is fueled by a focus on research and innovation and a team of the most passionate, skilled and creative thinking individuals. If you are looking for a fulfilling experience, you owe it to yourself to learn how Silvus can be the next chapter of your career.
Silvus Technologies is seeking a Sales Engineer to work closely with the Sales, Marketing, and Business Development teams to provide our customers with tailored solutions to meet their needs. You will participate in technical sales, demonstrations, and support of Silvus' family of advanced multi antenna MIMO radio and mesh networking solutions. You will also play a key role in influencing product development. This opportunity is well suited for an entrepreneurial technologist who enjoys interacting with customers, has a healthy sense of adventure, and enjoys traveling
This position is on a hybrid schedule, a minimum of 3 days onsite per week is expected. On-site days are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. The location for this role is Silvus Technologies’ HQ in the heart of West Los Angeles, CA.
The following is a list of at least some of the current essential job functions of the position. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time at its discretion.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide pre- and post-sales technical support including system planning, customer training, system optimization, etc.
- Become an expert on the operation and application of Silvus' unique radio and networking solutions and its advantages over competing technologies
- Prepare and conduct product demonstrations for customer visits and equipment evaluations
- Visit customer sites to provide technical support and deliver training
- Troubleshoot failures and abnormal situations in the field
- Collect and analyze field failures and abnormalities and provide feedback to the development team.
- Help design engineers reproduce and troubleshoot problems
- Participate in resource allocation and hardware maintenance to support different sales and business development activities
- Help drive future product development
- Travel requirements – 50%; frequent travel for meetings, events, and demonstrations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or other related technical fields
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated experience in a pre- and post-sales technical support position
- Proficiency with RF instruments such as signal generators and spectrum analyzers
- Exposure to and proficiency with programming languages such as C/C++
- Ability to lift, up to 50 lbs.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in testing embedded radio communication systems
- Familiarity with Linux
- Proficiency with TCP/IP protocol and networking
- Experience with operating and testing IP radios/modems
- Knowledge of wireless communication systems, RF signal propagation, and digital communication technologies
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel and work at customer site
$70,000 - $100,000 a year
The salary range is NOT a guarantee, is based on market research and peer data, and will vary depending on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
NOTE - Must be a U.S. Person (permanent resident or citizen) due to U.S. government contracts. Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check. This does NOT apply to International positions; only job postings for positions located in the US.
Silvus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion or belief, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*Silvus does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Silvus Technologies.