Senior System Project Engineer
Los Angeles /
Engineering – Product Engineering /
Silvus is dedicated to one mission: connecting those who keep us safe. We do so by delivering the most advanced Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET) radios powered by our custom and ever evolving Mobile-Networked MIMO waveform. Together, our radios and waveform provide the vital communications for mission critical applications in the harshest environments from underground tunnels to high altitude balloons. Silvus StreamCaster(TM) radios are being rapidly adopted by customers all over the world ranging from the U.S. and Allied Nations Departments of Defense, to International, Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement agencies, all the way to the Superbowl, Grammys and industry-leading drone, robot, and other unmanned systems manufacturers. Headquartered in the heart of West Los Angeles, Silvus’ rapid growth is fueled by a focus on research and innovation and a team of the most passionate, skilled and creative thinking individuals. If you are looking for a fulfilling experience, you owe it to yourself to learn how Silvus can be the next chapter of your career.
Silvus is seeking a full time Senior Systems/Project Engineer to lead multi-discipline and multi-partner development teams in the design, integration, testing, and product roll-out phases of sophisticated and robustly packaged integrated antenna/radio communications systems for multiple military platforms (e.g., trucks, fast vehicles, etc.), quick-deploy solutions, and mounting and integration of Silvus systems onto customers’ deployment platforms.
This position is highly visible to senior management and impacting/influential towards existing and new product/systems revenue areas as well as all levels of customers’ staff/team members. Direct customer and OEM partner interaction is an ongoing activity. This position is on a hybrid schedule, a minimum of 3 days onsite per week is expected. On-site days are: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- Responsible for all technical and engineering aspects of assigned projects by coordinately and leading multi-OEM partners and internal Silvus engineering resources relating to communication systems integration with mast mounting solutions (stationary, at-the-halt, and on-the-move) as well has vehicle mounting systems solutions. Providing technical liaison throughout program by interfacing with customer/and customer’s integrators in on a regular basis; creating/presenting technical solutions presentations, schedules, action plans and risk mitigation plans. Formulate and present technical briefing materials for key program milestones such as systems requirements reviews (SRR), preliminary design review (PDR), critical design reviews (CDR), integration and first article acceptances testing, manufacturing requirements review (MRR), etc.
- Help define/refine technical requirements and implementation solutions working with customers, product management, sales and technical support teams, and other internal departments.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with program manager (Sales Director) and other project participants to provide technical advisement, implementation plan scheduling, task prioritization and assistance.
- Conduct product integration, testing, validation, and related activities for new product introductions (NPI) of Silvus and third-party OEM products relating to packaging and mounting solutions.
- Support/conduct thermal testing/analysis, mechanical/electrical fit checks, and other testing for design/product validation
- Support and perform product evaluations and field trials for product accessories such as RF antennas, RF power amplifiers, power supplies/converters, mast mounting systems (stationary, at-the-halt, and on-the move).
- Support product concept research/creation activities and proof-of-concept demonstrations, testing and validation as directed. Generate technical reports and customer facing documents such as datasheets, user manuals, app notes, etc., as directed
- Bachelor of Science (or higher) in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
- 8+ years of direct project team leadership, demonstrated problem-solving at the system and subsystem levels, and risk-management implementations. Entire project life-cycle experience, from initial concept design, requirements specification, system level design, integration and introduction to production/manufacturing is highly desirable.
- 5+ years of hands-on and proficient experience in design activities, systems engineering of delivered systems/products, and experience in various systems types (electro-mechanical, moving elements, sensors, actuators, hydraulics, etc.), and subsystem packaging.
- Significant experience (5+ years) in generating and maintaining requirements documents, interface control documents, bills of materials in multi-layer systems and sub-systems and other large system documentation structures. Experience with military, aerospace, or other large integration projects is preferred.
- Solid experience in creating, understanding, and modifying mechanical, electrical, interconnecting cabling and harnesses, and similar type drawings is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with customers, externally with OEM partnership teams, and internally across the entire organization is a must.
- Must possess a strong ability to work independently, take and demonstrate technical and project management initiative, continuously assess and mitigate project risks (technical, schedule and financial) and effectively interact with cross-functional teams and customers.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attentiveness to details is required as well as proficiency with PC office applications and mobile devices and collaborative tools (like Confluence) and MRP systems (like Zoho).
- Candidates must be U.S. citizens due to clients under government contracts. Must be able to obtain a 'secret level' security clearance. Current clearance is highly desirable
- Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check.
- This opportunity requires regular access to our Corporate Headquarters in Los Angeles, CA with occasional travel to customer locations, test facilities/ranges, OEM partners, and the like.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
$120,000 - $160,000 a year
Salary $120,000 - 160,000
Hybrid schedule is 3 days onsite , 2 days remote.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.