Senior Software Engineer (Network/Embedded) #103 - East Coast
Washington, D.C. /
Silvus is a rapidly-growing high-tech entrepreneurial company in the heart of West Los Angeles. The company delivers the most technologically advanced Mobile Ad-Hoc Networking (MANET) solution to multiple markets including: Law Enforcement; Unmanned Systems; and Military, among others. Along with its successful MANET product line, the company also delivers on ground breaking research in the area of wireless data communications. The company has experienced rapid growth over the past 12 months and is expecting the rate of growth to continue with the introduction of new products and services.
Silvus is seeking a full-time network/embedded engineer responsible for supporting the development, evolution and testing of the networking software in our MANET radios.
- Develop, implement and integrate software for an embedded Linux target
- Debug software in MANET radios down to driver/network/OS level
- Develop extensive logging and log analysis tools to capture and summarize system performance in a MANET
- BS required, MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science a definite plus
- Expert level knowledge of TCP/IP networking protocols like ARP, DHCP, Multicast, Routing, QoS, Bridging
- Expert level knowledge of Linux Operating System concepts like multithreading, memory management, interrupts and device drivers
- Expert level knowledge of C required. C++, Python a plus
- Experience developing on / debugging embedded/distributed systems a definite plus
- Knowledge of wireless communication systems of a communication system (PHY, MAC) a definite plus
- Strong understanding of CS concepts like graph theory, complexity analysis a definite plus
- Must be a U.S. Person (permanent resident or citizen ) due to clients under U.S. government contracts
- Ability to pass a background check
There are opportunities available for this role in both Los Angeles, CA and Washington D.C.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.