Senior Mechanical Engineer
Los Angeles /
Engineering – Product Engineering /
Silvus is a rapidly-growing high-tech entrepreneurial company in the heart of West Los Angeles. The company delivers the most technologically advanced Mobile Ad-Hoc Networking (MANET) solution to multiple markets including: Law Enforcement; Unmanned Systems; and Military, among others. Along with its successful MANET product line, the company also delivers on ground breaking research in the area of wireless data communications. The company has experienced rapid growth over the past 12 months and is expecting the rate of growth to continue with the introduction of new products and services.
We are seeking a talented Electro-Mechanical Engineer to join our team to advance our StreamCaster MANET product design and improve manufacturing efficiency, reliability, and quality.
Must be a U.S. person (U.S. Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizen) due to clients under U.S. government contracts. Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check.
- New product packaging design and CAD drawing.
- Product thermal management design and performance analysis and testing.
- Participate in product failure root cause analysis and implement design improvement.
- Provide technical guidance and support for the quality department.
- Perform hands-on failure troubleshooting and analysis as needed.
- Define the first article acceptance test plan and execute the test for new hardware design.
- Participate in defining the manufacturing processes and provide manufacturing support.
- Peripheral and accessory design.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in electromechanical and packaging design for rugged, waterproof electronic products.
- Proficiency in Solid works (preferred) or similar design tools.
- Proficiency in interpreting and generating 2D and 3D CAD drawings.
- Experience and knowledge of electronics are highly desirable.
- Ability to generate 2D and 3D drawings for the electrical wiring and harness design.
- Heat transfer modeling and design, heat conduction, thermal radiation, and analysis.
- Experience and ability to troubleshoot electro-mechanical assembly failures.
- Detail oriented with a firm commitment to quality.
Compensation range: $100k – 150k
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.