Operations – HR /
Silvus Technologies is dedicated to one mission: connecting those who keep us safe. We do so by delivering the most advanced Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET) radios powered by our custom and ever evolving Mobile-Networked MIMO waveform. Together, our radios and waveform provide the vital communications for mission critical applications in the harshest environments from underground tunnels to high altitude balloons.
Silvus StreamCaster ™ radios are being rapidly adopted by customers all over the world ranging from the U.S. and Allied Nations Departments of Defense, to International, Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement agencies, all the way to the Superbowl, Grammys and industry-leading drone, robot, and other unmanned systems manufacturers.
Would you like to join an incredibly talented group of people, doing very challenging work, with the prime directive of “Keeping Our Heroes Connected”?
Silvus’ rapid growth is fueled by a focus on research and innovation and a team of the most passionate, skilled and creative thinking individuals. If you are looking for a fulfilling experience, you owe it to yourself to learn how Silvus can be the next chapter of your career.
Silvus is looking for a full-time Office Assistant whose primary responsibility will be providing support for the front desk reception area as well as maintaining/ordering food, beverages, and supplies for all company break rooms. The Office Assistant will report to the Human Resources Manager.
The position is full-time, on-site daily, Monday through Friday. The location for this role is Silvus Technologies’ HQ in the heart of vibrant West LA.
The following is a list of at least some of the current essential job functions of the position. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time at its discretion.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary responsibility to support the front desk reception area and overseeing the office environment.
- Monitor and maintain supplies for the office as well as daily stocking and routine ordering of snacks, beverages, and supplies for multiple break rooms across the company.
- Responsible for weekly set up of office lunches and monthly birthday celebrations; assist with other event planning as requested.
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming mail and packages; prepare outgoing mail for distribution.
- Keep the office area clean and tidy.
- Maintain office filing and storage systems, fax, scan, and copy documents.
- Greet visitors and follow security protocol, directing guests to the correct staff member.
- Answer phones and transfer to the appropriate staff member; take and distribute accurate messages.
- Follow visitor protocol and process visitor request forms.
- Assist with documentation and logging (data entry) activities.
- Support teams with various administrative tasks.
- Be supportive of the Office Coordinator with the following tasks as needed or when out of the office:
- Manage office tasks and communications.
- Coordinate and organize appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements for staff.
- Coordinate and maintain staff administrative records such as internal employee badges and keycards, parking, as well as all directories and seating charts.
- Type documents, reports, and correspondence.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and take initiative.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service with a high emphasis on a professional and friendly attitude, attire, and demeanor.
- Internet skills, including the use of email, group messaging, and digital data collection.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, flexibility, reliability, and teamwork.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced office environment, meeting multiple deadlines.
- Highly proficient in Google Suite and MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Capability for critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Extended periods sitting at the front desk.
- Ability to regularly lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Walking/Moving around multiple floors and offices.
$20 - $24 an hour
The pay range is NOT a guarantee, is based on market research and peer data, and will vary depending on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
NOTE - Must be a U.S. Person (permanent resident or citizen) due to U.S. government contracts. Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check. This does NOT apply to International positions; only job postings for positions located in the US.
Silvus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion or belief, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*Silvus does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Silvus Technologies.