IT Support Specialist
Operations – IT /
Silvus Technologies is dedicated to one mission: connecting those who keep us safe. We do so by delivering the most advanced Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET) radios powered by our custom and ever evolving Mobile-Networked MIMO waveform. Together, our radios and waveform provide the vital communications for mission critical applications in the harshest environments from underground tunnels to high altitude balloons.
Silvus StreamCaster ™ radios are being rapidly adopted by customers all over the world ranging from the U.S. and Allied Nations Departments of Defense, to International, Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement agencies, all the way to the Superbowl, Grammys and industry-leading drone, robot, and other unmanned systems manufacturers.
Would you like to join an incredibly talented group of people, doing very challenging work, with the prime directive of “Keeping Our Heroes Connected”?
Silvus’ rapid growth is fueled by a focus on research and innovation and a team of the most passionate, skilled and creative thinking individuals. If you are looking for a fulfilling experience, you owe it to yourself to learn how Silvus can be the next chapter of your career.
Silvus is seeking an IT Support Specialist to provide technical support to end users, troubleshoot hardware and software issues, and maintain the company's IT infrastructure.
The IT Support Specialist position reports to the IT Support Supervisor. The position is full-time on-site daily, Monday through Friday. The location for this role is Silvus Technologies’ HQ in the heart of vibrant West LA.
The following is a list of at least some of the current essential job functions of the position. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time at its discretion.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to Help Desk IT support tickets in a timely manner.
- Provide technical support to end users, including troubleshooting hardware and software issues on desktop or laptop systems.
- Install, configure, and maintain hardware and software.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to the company's IT infrastructure and support processes.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all hardware and software assets.
- Manage on-boarding and off-boarding functions, including account creation/disabling, communication, and hardware deployment/recovery in concert with HR and Facilities.
- System configuration and deployment for all Windows, Linux, and MacOS endpoints and peripherals.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3+ years' of experience in installing, troubleshooting, and/or maintaining software and hardware installations, upgrades, and related procedures.
- Support with troubleshooting network issues.
- General PC skills in a Windows environment are required.
- Experience installing/uninstalling and licensing/de-licensing enterprise software.
- Highly proficient in Google Suite and MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to operate as a team member, supporting departmental decisions, policies, and procedures with a positive attitude and communication (with team members and other staff).
NOTE - Must be a U.S. Citizen due to clients under U.S. government contracts. Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Completion of an associate’s degree or in-progress bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced office environment.
- Linux and MacOS skills are highly desirable.
$65,000 - $75,000 a year
The pay range is NOT a guarantee, is based on market research and peer data, and will vary depending on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
NOTE - Must be a U.S. Person (permanent resident or citizen) due to U.S. government contracts. Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check. This does NOT apply to International positions; only job postings for positions located in the US.
Silvus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion or belief, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*Silvus does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Silvus Technologies.