Associate R&D Test Engineer
R&D – R&D /
Silvus Technologies is dedicated to one mission: connecting those who keep us safe. We do so by delivering the most advanced Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET) radios powered by our custom and ever evolving Mobile-Networked MIMO waveform. Together, our radios and waveform provide the vital communications for mission critical applications in the harshest environments from underground tunnels to high altitude balloons.
Silvus StreamCaster ™ radios are being rapidly adopted by customers all over the world ranging from the U.S. and Allied Nations Departments of Defense, to International, Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement agencies, all the way to the Superbowl, Grammys and industry-leading drone, robot, and other unmanned systems manufacturers.
Would you like to join an incredibly talented group of people, doing very challenging work, with the prime directive of “Keeping Our Heroes Connected”?
Silvus’ rapid growth is fueled by a focus on research and innovation and a team of the most passionate, skilled and creative thinking individuals. If you are looking for a fulfilling experience, you owe it to yourself to learn how Silvus can be the next chapter of your career.
The Associate R&D Test Engineerposition reports to the Senior R&D Engineer and will be part of the R&D team that develops testing infrastructure and performs comprehensive testing, vetting, and demonstration of Silvus’ MANET radios and other wireless products and technologies under development. This position is 100% onsite Monday through Friday and the location for this role is Silvus Technologies’ headquarters in the heart of West Los Angeles, CA.
The following is a list of at least some of the current essential job functions of the position. R&D and Engineering management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time as needed.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Wireless communication system test operation, implementation, and maintenance
- Assist in the maintenance, design, and implementation of testing software for automated testing and logging
- Work closely with the rest of the R&D and Engineering teams to understand performance requirements and expected system behaviors, validate and assist in troubleshooting and qualification of new designs
- Conduct lab testing using wireless channel emulators and other instruments
- Conduct field testing to qualify system performance in a practical environment
- TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS - Occasional domestic travel away from the office, including overnight, to support experimentation and demonstration of cutting-edge technology under development
- High School Diploma or GED with 3 years of experience in electronics work environment, or Associate degree with 1 year of experience, or Bachelor or higher degree from an accredited university or college
- Familiarity and experience working in testing embedded systems
- Exposure to the use of RF instruments such as signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and channel emulators
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven experience in programming using C/C++, Python, or MATLAB
- Exposure to networked testing systems
- Experience in testing embedded radio communication systems
- General understanding of working in both Windows and Linux operations
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Occasional exposure to heat, cold, and allergens while performing tests and/or demonstrations in the field
- Lift up to 50 lbs. of equipment for setup of demos and testing.
- Walking/Moving in the labs
$70,000 - $80,000 a year
The salary range is NOT a guarantee, is based on market research and peer data, and will vary depending on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
NOTE - Must be a U.S. Person (permanent resident or citizen) due to U.S. government contracts. Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check. This does NOT apply to International positions; only job postings for positions located in the US.
Silvus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion or belief, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*Silvus does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Silvus Technologies.