Senior Application Engineer
Los Angeles /
Silvus is a rapidly-growing high-tech entrepreneurial company in the heart of West Los Angeles. The company delivers the most technologically advanced Mobile Ad-Hoc Networking (MANET) solution to multiple markets including: Law Enforcement; Unmanned Systems; and Military, among others. Along with its successful MANET product line, the company also delivers on ground breaking research in the area of wireless data communications. The company has experienced rapid growth over the past 12 months and is expecting the rate of growth to continue with the introduction of new products and services.
Silvus is seeking a full time Senior Applications Engineer to conduct a wide range of technical activities relating to applications solutions engineering, new product introduction (NPI) actions, new products and accessory evaluation, functional testing and product validation, conducting/ supporting field testing of products and accessories, and related technical documentation activities (both internal and customer facing). Direct customer and OEM partner interaction is an ongoing activity.
· Create accessory devices and interconnect cabling solutions including specifications, documentation, and coordinate first article prototype procurements and test/qualification activities through product release.
· Conduct product integration, testing, validation, and related activities for new product introductions (NPI) of Silvus and third-party OEM products.
· Perform product evaluations and field trials for product accessories such as RF antennas, RF power amplifiers, power supplies/converters, networking devices (routers, switches, USB-Ethernet adapters, POE injectors, data converters, USB tactical hubs, etc.), IP based video cameras/converters, GPS/WiFi accessories, and tactical/environmental sensors.
· Support product concept research/creation activities and proof-of-concept demonstrations, testing and validation as directed.
· Coordinate product certifications with design engineering and outside resources/test houses as needed.
· Bachelors in EE, ET, or other relevant fields required.
· 5+ years of hands-on and proficient experience is required in wireless and radio communication systems and principles: radios (data/voice), mesh networking, antennas, BDAs, and RF principles, including RF signal propagation, RF channel access protocols, link-budgets, capacity planning, etc.
· 3+ years of hands-on, competent experience with IP networking, WANs, VPNs, VLANs, routers, switches, video streaming, networking/routing protocols is highly desired.
· Experience in creating, understanding, and modifying electrical, mechanical, cabling, and similar type drawings and schematics is required.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills to effectively communicate with customers, and internally across the entire organization is a must.
· Must possess an ability to work independently, take initiative, and effectively interact with cross-functional teams and customers.
· Excellent organizational skills and attentiveness to details is required as well as proficiency with PC office applications and mobile devices.
Must be a U.S. person, U.S. Citizen, or U.S. Permanent Resident due to clients under U.S. government contracts.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.