Finance – Finance /
Silvus Technologies is dedicated to one mission: connecting those who keep us safe. We do so by delivering the most advanced Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET) radios powered by our custom and ever evolving Mobile-Networked MIMO waveform. Together, our radios and waveform provide the vital communications for mission critical applications in the harshest environments from underground tunnels to high altitude balloons.
Silvus StreamCaster ™ radios are being rapidly adopted by customers all over the world ranging from the U.S. and Allied Nations Departments of Defense, to International, Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement agencies, all the way to the Superbowl, Grammys and industry-leading drone, robot, and other unmanned systems manufacturers.
Would you like to join an incredibly talented group of people, doing very challenging work, with the prime directive of “Keeping Our Heroes Connected”?
Silvus’ rapid growth is fueled by a focus on research and innovation and a team of the most passionate, skilled and creative thinking individuals. If you are looking for a fulfilling experience, you owe it to yourself to learn how Silvus can be the next chapter of your career.
The Corporate Controller is a key position within the company and will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer. This role will develop and ensure compliance with accounting practices and procedures, develop forward-looking insights based on historical data, and provide support to meet and implement government compliance requirements.
This position is on a hybrid schedule. A minimum of 3 days onsite per week is expected. On-site days are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. The location for this role is Silvus Technologies’ HQ in the heart of vibrant West Los Angeles.
The following is a list of at least some of the current essential job functions of the position. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time at its discretion.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with GAAP and other appropriate accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee, mentor, and support the accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity.
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize the protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflows.
- Manage timely month-end close and create the month-end and quarterly reporting package.
- Collaborate with the FP&A team to manage organizational cash flow forecasting.
- Establish, in coordination with the CFO, financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on biweekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, including variances.
- Lead treasury management responsibilities include reviewing and recommending credit terms for new customers, managing vendor relations, commercial banking, lessors, casualty/liability insurance brokers, credit card companies, payroll services, and collection agencies.
- Serve as the Finance and Accounting point of contact with Human Resources, benefits brokers, 401(K) administrators, tax accountants, tax law counsel, IRS, Department of Defense, financial compliance consultants, as well as Federal, State, and Local Government compliance consultants.
- Understanding the Federal Acquisition Regulation guidelines for Government cost accounting is a plus.
- Assist in implementing financial information systems, including ERP/MRP accounting/inventory systems.
- Monitor the organization’s overall financial health, advise, and collaborate with senior leadership on best practices and opportunities for process improvements.
- Work closely with the Director of Finance Operations to provide leadership, mentorship, guidance, and team building for the entire Finance Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of finance or accounting.
- Must have a CPA license.
- 10+ years of experience in a finance or accounting position.
- 5+ years in a manufacturing environment.
- Cost Accounting, transactional accounting, and inventory experience.
- Knowledge of finance, GAAP accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Working knowledge of short-term and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and pragmatic problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of various tax regulations and reporting.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of FAR, DFARS, ITAR, and EAR is a plus.
- Knowledge of M&A accounting.
- Knowledge of Purchase Accounting.
- Familiarity with DCAA Audit.
$145,000 - $170,000 a year
The pay range is NOT a guarantee, is based on market research and peer data, and will vary depending on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
NOTE - Must be a U.S. Person (permanent resident or citizen) due to U.S. government contracts. Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check. This does NOT apply to International positions; only job postings for positions located in the US.
Silvus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion or belief, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*Silvus does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Silvus Technologies.