Senior Payroll Specialist
Finance – Finance /
Silvus Technologies is dedicated to one mission: connecting those who keep us safe. We do so by delivering the most advanced Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET) radios powered by our custom and ever evolving Mobile-Networked MIMO waveform. Together, our radios and waveform provide the vital communications for mission critical applications in the harshest environments from underground tunnels to high altitude balloons.
Silvus StreamCaster ™ radios are being rapidly adopted by customers all over the world ranging from the U.S. and Allied Nations Departments of Defense, to International, Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement agencies, all the way to the Superbowl, Grammys and industry-leading drone, robot, and other unmanned systems manufacturers.
Would you like to join an incredibly talented group of people, doing very challenging work, with the prime directive of “Keeping Our Heroes Connected”?
Silvus’ rapid growth is fueled by a focus on research and innovation and a team of the most passionate, skilled and creative thinking individuals. If you are looking for a fulfilling experience, you owe it to yourself to learn how Silvus can be the next chapter of your career.
Silvus is currently looking for a Senior Payroll Specialist who is experienced and detail oriented. This individual will be reporting to the Accounting Manager and will be responsible for verifying timekeeping records and systems, as well as processing payroll accurately and in a timely manner.
The Senior Payroll Specialist must be results-driven and a team player, possessing strong interpersonal skills that welcome employee inquiries. Attention to detail and thoroughness is a must for this role.
This position is on a hybrid schedule, a minimum of 3 days onsite per week is expected. On-site days are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. The location for this role is Silvus Technologies’ HQ in the heart of vibrant West Los Angeles.
The following is a list of at least some of the current essential job functions of the position. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time at its discretion.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the payroll system and employee pay records; posts and distributes time and attendance records; reviews, audits, and corrects time sheets; prepares paychecks; prepares and files required reporting documents in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to quarterly reports, and annual reporting of ACA and W2’s.
- Demonstrates a full understanding of applicable wage policies, procedures and work methods associated with assigned duties; maintains current knowledge of city, state, and federal legislation affecting payroll; understands and follows applicable provisions of MOUs.
- Reviews timesheets for completeness and accuracy; prepares pay records for posting to the general ledger; reconciles payroll records to the general ledger; researches and resolves payroll related general ledger issues; prepares payroll journal vouchers; prepares a variety of routine and special reports as necessary; audits and reconciles payroll deductions, paid time off (PTO) and earnings registers for reasonableness.
- Processes withholdings, deductions, wage garnishments, or other special payroll actions, including but not limited to overtime, makeup time, stipends, commissions, bonuses, benefits, garnishments, 401k, certifying payroll, and direct deposit, etc.
- Manage changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, and insurance coverage; prepare payroll tax deposits; complete, verify, and process forms and documentation for administration of benefits such as unemployment and medical insurance; reconcile payroll deductions withheld from employees to actual cost, including deferred compensation.
- Interacts with all department management team members relating to payroll issues, including but not limited to missed work hours, missed time punches, late submissions, pay errors, etc.
- Perform necessary actions to track and determine regular pay and overtime pay.
- Process all checks tied to resignation, termination, and/or severance.
- Support all internal and external audits and prepare month-end journal entries related to payroll.
- Work closely with the HR Department to ensure timely benefits enrollment and payroll deductions.
- Maintain all payroll operations according to company policies and procedures, distribute W-2, and process employment verification.
- Serve as the ‘subject matter expert’ by staying current and maintaining knowledge of FLSA and other regulations and laws which govern the payroll administration policies and practices.
- An associate degree in a related field is required, with at least 5 years of solid payroll administration experience with hands-on experience in the areas of responsibilities noted.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of federal, state, and local laws pertaining to wage and hour compliance, in particular FLSA and California wage requirements.
- Comfortable working with G Suite, Microsoft Office, and accounting software.
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience with implementing a Payroll Service Provider (PSP).
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
$70,000 - $85,000 a year
The pay range is NOT a guarantee, is based on market research and peer data, and will vary depending on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
NOTE - Must be a U.S. Person (permanent resident or citizen) due to U.S. government contracts. Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check. This does NOT apply to International positions; only job postings for positions located in the US.
Silvus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion or belief, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*Silvus does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Silvus Technologies.