Senior Wireless Communication Systems Engineer
Engineering – Systems Engineering /
Silvus Technologies is dedicated to one mission: connecting those who keep us safe. We do so by delivering the most advanced Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET) radios powered by our custom and ever evolving Mobile-Networked MIMO waveform. Together, our radios and waveform provide the vital communications for mission critical applications in the harshest environments from underground tunnels to high altitude balloons.
Silvus StreamCaster ™ radios are being rapidly adopted by customers all over the world ranging from the U.S. and Allied Nations Departments of Defense, to International, Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement agencies, all the way to the Superbowl, Grammys and industry-leading drone, robot, and other unmanned systems manufacturers.
Would you like to join an incredibly talented group of people, doing very challenging work, with the prime directive of “Keeping Our Heroes Connected”?
Silvus’ rapid growth is fueled by a focus on research and innovation and a team of the most passionate, skilled and creative thinking individuals. If you are looking for a fulfilling experience, you owe it to yourself to learn how Silvus can be the next chapter of your career.
The Senior Wireless Communication Systems Engineer position reports to the Vice President of Engineering in the Engineering Group and is located at Silvus headquarters in the heart of West Los Angeles,CA. Silvus’ rapid growth is fueled by a focus on research and innovation and a team of the most passionate, skilled and creative thinking individuals. If you are looking for a challenging experience, you owe it to yourself to learn how Silvus can be the next chapter of your career.
Silvus Technologies is seeking a Senior Wireless Communication Systems Engineer to participate in all phases of wireless technology projects that include planning, design, implementation, prototyping, verification, and validation. This position is on a hybrid schedule, a minimum of 3 days on-site per week is required. On-site days are the following: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· System design and requirement specification.
· Algorithmic development, simulation, implementation, and testing.
· System performance simulation, bench marking, and testing.
· Fixed point modeling and FPGA design and verification support.
· Support FPGA and Software development teams for hardware/software implementation
· and troubleshooting.
· Lead a team of multi-disciplinary engineers for product and feature development as
· Setting, tracking, and driving development schedules and tasks.
· Design and participate in lab and field testing and troubleshooting.
· Technical material preparation and documentation.
· Participate in R&D business development and capture efforts as needed.
· Understand current products and technologies and brainstorm with other teams for
· future enhancements and strategies.
· As necessary, perform other related duties of which the above are representative.
· Infrequent travel to support customer interactions or test and demonstration events.
· M.S. or Ph.D. in the field of wireless communications and signal processing.
· A minimum of 7 years of experience in the design and development of wireless systems.
· Participation in the complete wireless technology development cycle: from design to field
· Extensive knowledge and experience about RF propagation and channel modeling.
· Extensive knowledge and experience about all parts of digital communication systems
· such as RF subsystems, synchronizations, channel estimation, channel coding, etc.
· Extensive knowledge about signal processing algorithms, MIMO, OFDM.
· Extensive experience in modeling and mitigating RF impairments to signals such as
· AGC, phase noise, frequency/clock offset, etc.
· Experiences with fixed point modeling, implementation, and verification.
· Expert in MATLAB programming and simulation.
· Must be a U.S. Citizen due to clients under U.S. government contracts.
· Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (exposure and experience desired, expertise preferred)
· Wireless mobile ad-hoc networking, medium access, and routing algorithms.
· Cognitive radio congested and contested spectrum and interference mitigation.
· RF sensing, signal detection, and classification, etc.
· Technical writing and presentation.
NOTE - Must be a U.S. Citizen due to clients under U.S. government contracts. Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check.
$140,000 - $200,000 a year
NOTE - Must be a U.S. Person (permanent resident or citizen) due to U.S. government contracts. Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check. This does NOT apply to International positions; only job postings for positions located in the US.
Silvus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion or belief, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*Silvus does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Silvus Technologies.