Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Silvus Technologies is dedicated to one mission: connecting those who keep us safe. We do so by delivering the most advanced Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET) radios powered by our custom and ever evolving Mobile-Networked MIMO waveform. Together, our radios and waveform provide the vital communications for mission critical applications in the harshest environments from underground tunnels to high altitude balloons.
Silvus StreamCaster ™ radios are being rapidly adopted by customers all over the world ranging from the U.S. and Allied Nations Departments of Defense, to International, Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement agencies, all the way to the Superbowl, Grammys and industry-leading drone, robot, and other unmanned systems manufacturers.
Would you like to join an incredibly talented group of people, doing very challenging work, with the prime directive of “Keeping Our Heroes Connected”?
Silvus’ rapid growth is fueled by a focus on research and innovation and a team of the most passionate, skilled and creative thinking individuals. If you are looking for a fulfilling experience, you owe it to yourself to learn how Silvus can be the next chapter of your career.
Silvus is seeking a full-time Senior Embedded Software Engineer reporting to the Director of Software Engineering on the Software Engineering team. The successful individual in this role will participate in the development of Silvus’ MANET radios and advanced research projects. This is an opportunity to work on all aspects of the system including device drivers, networking functions and services, encryption, and security features. This position is on a hybrid schedule, a minimum of 3 days onsite per week is expected. On-site days are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. The location for this role is Silvus’ HQ in the heart of West Los Angeles, CA.
The following is a list of at least some of the current essential job functions of the position. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time at its discretion.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implementation of software portion of MAC (Medium Access Control) and mobile ad-hoc networking routing protocols.
- Network management software and web interface implementation.
- Implementation of different security protocols and encryption algorithms.
- Audio streaming and push to talk voice application implementation.
- Analyze and improve product security and robustness to meet certain regulatory requirements such as NIST FIPS 140-3 and NIAP Common Criteria.
- Implementation of testing software for product performance and reliability testing.
- Device driver and board support package development and maintenance for both ARM and RISC-V based systems.
- Linux system customization and scripting.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or relevant fields.
- 5+ years of relevant embedded system software development experience.
- Expertise in C programming and experience in Linux kernel driver development.
- NOTE - Must be a U.S. Citizen due to U.S. government contracts. Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and experience of different security protocols and encryption algorithms such as suite of CNSA algorithms.
- Experience with socket programming and various Internet/Ethernet protocols.
- Understanding of MAC and Networking layer of a communication system.
- Experience in AMD UltraScale+, MPSoC, and Microchip Polarfire SoC BSP support package development.
- IPsec - Internet Protocol Security
- Linux Interrupt Service Routine development.
$135,000 - $200,000 a year
The pay range is NOT a guarantee, is based on market research and peer data, and will vary depending on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
NOTE - As a US Federal Contractor, Silvus Technologies requires that ALL candidates being considered for employment for any position (regardless of level) MUST be a U.S. Person (permanent resident or citizen). Stricter U.S. Citizen ONLY requirements (needed for some Engineering or R&D roles) will be included in the Required Qualifications section of the posted position. Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check. This does NOT apply to International positions; only job postings for positions located in the US.
Silvus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion or belief, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*Silvus does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Silvus Technologies.