Sales – Sales Engineering /
Silvus Technologies is dedicated to one mission: connecting those who keep us safe. We do so by delivering the most advanced Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET) radios powered by our custom and ever evolving Mobile-Networked MIMO waveform. Together, our radios and waveform provide the vital communications for mission critical applications in the harshest environments from underground tunnels to high altitude balloons.
Silvus StreamCaster ™ radios are being rapidly adopted by customers all over the world ranging from the U.S. and Allied Nations Departments of Defense, to International, Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement agencies, all the way to the Superbowl, Grammys and industry-leading drone, robot, and other unmanned systems manufacturers.
Would you like to join an incredibly talented group of people, doing very challenging work, with the prime directive of “Keeping Our Heroes Connected”?
Silvus’ rapid growth is fueled by a focus on research and innovation and a team of the most passionate, skilled and creative thinking individuals. If you are looking for a fulfilling experience, you owe it to yourself to learn how Silvus can be the next chapter of your career.
Silvus is seeking a full-time Applications Engineer within the customer-facing Sales Engineering team to conduct a wide range of technical activities relating to applications[N1] /solutions engineering and customer and sales support. This role works closely with customers and the Sales team to drive product development and be a key component in enabling the development of cutting-edge systems and technologies.
The Applications Engineer will be expected to help define and test new products and features, assist customers and the sales team with their technical support requests, perform technical analysis and systems integration duties, and engineer complete solutions to complex problems. The successful individual in this role will work closely with internal Engineering teams as well as provide in-person customer support.
This position is on a hybrid schedule, a minimum of 3 days onsite per week is expected. On-site days are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. The location for this role is Silvus’ HQ in the heart of West Los Angeles, CA.
The following is a list of at least some of the current essential job functions of the position. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time at its discretion.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and test complete solutions that solve unique, technical problems.
- Define new products and features to fill gaps and perform product evaluations and field trials for new product features and accessories.
- Respond to customer and sales team requests and questions, providing troubleshooting support, systems integration engineering, product recommendations, engineering analysis, and other services over the phone, online, and in-person.
- Work individually and with Engineering teams to support these requests and validate either in-house or through field testing.
- Test and harden existing features through firmware and hardware changes in realistic applications.
- Support the Sales Engineering team by helping prepare for demos, training, testing, or recreating bugs and issues seen in the field.
- Up to 25% travel (e.g., 1 week out of the month typically confined to Mon-Fri) to provide in-person engineering support to customers and the sales team including demos, troubleshooting, system integration, and training.
- Create and maintain customer-facing documents and content including manuals, guides, videos, application notes, etc. to support customers and sales more efficiently.
- Oversee and assist the RMA and Loaner teams by providing guidance, equipment recommendations, and vetting customer requests.
- TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS - up to 25% travel, both domestic and international, is required.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related technical field
- Proficiency with RF instruments such as signal generators and spectrum analyzers.
- Ability to lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and as part of a team.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience with wireless and radio communication systems, RF signal propagation principles, or digital communication technologies.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking protocols.
- Comfortability in software support, scripting, Linux environment, C/C++, python.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with customers and colleagues.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and effectively interact with cross-functional teams and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail as well as a proficiency with PC office applications.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly switch gears.
$70,000 - $90,000 a year
The pay range is NOT a guarantee, is based on market research and peer data, and will vary depending on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
NOTE - Must be a U.S. Person (permanent resident or citizen) due to U.S. government contracts. Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check. This does NOT apply to International positions; only job postings for positions located in the US.
Silvus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion or belief, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*Silvus does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Silvus Technologies.