Manufacturing Automated Test Design Engineer
Engineering – Product Engineering /
Silvus Technologies is dedicated to one mission: connecting those who keep us safe. We do so by delivering the most advanced Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET) radios powered by our custom and ever evolving Mobile-Networked MIMO waveform. Together, our radios and waveform provide the vital communications for mission critical applications in the harshest environments from underground tunnels to high altitude balloons.
Silvus StreamCaster ™ radios are being rapidly adopted by customers all over the world ranging from the U.S. and Allied Nations Departments of Defense, to International, Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement agencies, all the way to the Superbowl, Grammys and industry-leading drone, robot, and other unmanned systems manufacturers.
Would you like to join an incredibly talented group of people, doing very challenging work, with the prime directive of “Keeping Our Heroes Connected”?
Silvus’ rapid growth is fueled by a focus on research and innovation and a team of the most passionate, skilled and creative thinking individuals. If you are looking for a fulfilling experience, you owe it to yourself to learn how Silvus can be the next chapter of your career.
The Manufacturing Automated Test Design Engineer reports to the Supervisor on the Product Engineering team. The successful individual in this role will be able to design and implement efficient and streamlined automated production line test setup and programs for wireless communication systems in a manufacturing environment. This position is 100% onsite, Monday through Friday, at Silvus Technologies’ HQ in the heart of vibrant West LA.
The following is a list of at least some of the current essential job functions of the position. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time at its discretion.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implement comprehensive test plans to provide full coverage of wireless communication system feature sets.
- Design and implement logging and log analysis tools to capture performance of both the systems under test and the test infrastructure itself
- Take ownership of production test station design, implementation, maintenance, repair, and upgrade, as well as continuous improvement of manufacturing test efficiency
- Collaborate with RF and systems engineering teams to understand performance requirements and establish production tests and performance thresholds
- Partner with engineering and quality teams to validate new testing approaches for rollout to production
- Work closely with the software development team to augment production test systems to support rollout of new features and product configurations
- Basic manufacturing failure troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production failures escalated to engineering
- Perform other related duties, as necessary, of which the above are representative
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, electronics, manufacturing, or related technical field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant test engineering experience
- At least 2 years of demonstrated experience in wireless/networking or an electronics manufacturing environment
- Proficient in at least one programming language (C/C++ or Python)
- Proficient with RF instruments such as signal generators and spectrum analyzers
- Demonstrated organization skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks including running multiple tests simultaneously
- Knowledgeable about automatic test equipment (ATE) implementations
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Programing with APIs for test instruments.
- Programing and scripting in Linux OS
- Shell language such as BASH
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Occasional exposure to heat, cold, and allergens while performing tests and/or demonstrations in the field
- Lift up to 50 lbs. of equipment for setup of demos and testing
- Walking/Moving in the labs
$100,000 - $130,000 a year
The pay range is NOT a guarantee, is based on market research and peer data, and will vary depending on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
NOTE - Must be a U.S. Person (permanent resident or citizen) due to U.S. government contracts. Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check. This does NOT apply to International positions; only job postings for positions located in the US.
Silvus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion or belief, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*Silvus does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Silvus Technologies.