Applications Engineer – Product Engineering
Engineering – Product Engineering /
Silvus Technologies is dedicated to one mission: connecting those who keep us safe. We do so by delivering the most advanced Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET) radios powered by our custom and ever evolving Mobile-Networked MIMO waveform. Together, our radios and waveform provide the vital communications for mission critical applications in the harshest environments from underground tunnels to high altitude balloons.
Silvus StreamCaster ™ radios are being rapidly adopted by customers all over the world ranging from the U.S. and Allied Nations Departments of Defense, to International, Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement agencies, all the way to the Superbowl, Grammys and industry-leading drone, robot, and other unmanned systems manufacturers.
Would you like to join an incredibly talented group of people, doing very challenging work, with the prime directive of “Keeping Our Heroes Connected”?
Silvus’ rapid growth is fueled by a focus on research and innovation and a team of the most passionate, skilled and creative thinking individuals. If you are looking for a fulfilling experience, you owe it to yourself to learn how Silvus can be the next chapter of your career.
Silvus is seeking a full-time Applications Engineer to conduct a wide range of technical activities relating to product solutions engineering, new product introduction (NPI) actions, new products and accessory evaluation, functional testing, and product validation. This position also supports field testing of products and accessories, and related technical documentation activities (both internal and customer-facing).
The Applications Engineer reports to the Director of Product Solutions, and will work across multiple departments and teams, including sales & marketing, engineering development R&D, sales engineering/product support and production groups. Direct customer and OEM partner interaction is an ongoing activity. This position is on a hybrid schedule, a minimum of 3 days onsite per week is expected. On-site days are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. The location for this role is Silvus’ HQ in the heart of West Los Angeles, CA.
The following is a list of at least some of the current essential job functions of the position. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time at its discretion.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create accessory devices and interconnect cabling solutions including specifications, documentation, and coordination of first article prototype procurements and test/qualification activities through product release.
- Conduct product integration, testing, validation, and related activities for new product introductions (NPI) of Silvus and third-party OEM products.
- Perform product evaluations and field trials for product accessories such as RF antennas, RF power amplifiers, power supplies/converters, networking devices (routers, switches, USB-Ethernet adapters, POE injectors, data converters, USB tactical hubs, etc.), IP based video cameras/converters, GPS/Wi-Fi accessories, and tactical/environmental sensors.
- Support product concept research/creation activities and proof-of-concept demonstrations, testing and validation as directed.
- Create and maintain internal and customer-facing documents and content including manuals, guides, data sheets, application notes, etc.
- Help coordinate product certifications with design engineering and outside resources/test houses as needed.
- TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS - may require occasional travel to customer locations, test facilities/ranges, OEM partners, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related technical field is required.
- 2+ years of hands-on and proficient experience in product design skills, integration, product testing and supporting product transitions in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in creating, understanding, and modifying electrical, mechanical, cabling, and similar type drawings and schematics.
- Competent experience with IP networking, WANs, VPNs, VLANs, routers, switches, video streaming, networking/routing protocols
- Proficiency in instruments such as spectrum analyzer, multimeters, signal generators, and other RF and data network test equipment and testing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with customers, and internally across the entire organization, is a must.
- Excellent organizational skills and attentiveness to details is required as well as proficiency with PC office applications and mobile devices.
- Must possess an ability to work independently, take initiative, and effectively interact with cross-functional teams and customers.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 3+ years of hands-on and proficient experience in wireless and radio communication systems and principles: radios (data/voice), mesh networking, antennas, RF amplifiers, and RF principles, including RF signal propagation, link-budgets, capacity planning, etc.
- Basic software development skills and experience with C, Python, and Linux shell scripting is desirable.
$70,000 - $90,000 a year
The pay range is NOT a guarantee, is based on market research and peer data, and will vary depending on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
NOTE - Must be a U.S. Person (permanent resident or citizen) due to U.S. government contracts. Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check. This does NOT apply to International positions; only job postings for positions located in the US.
Silvus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion or belief, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*Silvus does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Silvus Technologies.