Los Angeles /
Sales – Sales Engineering /
Silvus is a rapidly-growing high-tech entrepreneurial company in the heart of West Los Angeles. The company delivers the most technologically advanced Mobile Ad-Hoc Networking (MANET) solution to multiple markets including: Law Enforcement; Unmanned Systems; and Military, among others. Along with its successful MANET product line, the company also delivers on ground breaking research in the area of wireless data communications. The company has experienced rapid growth over the past 12 months and is expecting the rate of growth to continue with the introduction of new products and services.
Silvus Technologies is seeking a Sales Engineer to work closely with the Sales, Marketing, and Business Development teams to provide our customers with tailored solutions to meet their needs. You will participate in technical sales, demonstrations, and support of Silvus' family of advanced multi antenna MIMO radio and mesh networking solutions. You will also play a key role in influencing product development.
This opportunity is well suited for an entrepreneurial technologist who enjoys interacting with customers, has a healthy sense of adventure, and enjoys traveling.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support including system planning, customer training, system optimization, etc.
- Become an expert on the operation and application of Silvus' unique radio and networking solutions and its advantages over competing technologies
- Prepare and conduct product demonstrations for customer visits and equipment evaluations
- Visit customer sites to provide technical support and deliver training
- Troubleshoot failures and abnormal situations in the field
- Collect and analyze field failures and abnormalities and provide feedback to the development team.
- Help design engineers reproduce and troubleshoot problems
- Participate in resource allocation and hardware maintenance to support different sales and business development activities
- Help drive future product development
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail required
- Good written and verbal communication skills required
- Willingness to travel and work at customer site
- Familiarity with Linux is a plus
- Proficiency with TCP/IP protocol and networking is preferred
- Proficiency with RF instruments such as signal generators and spectrum analyzers is a must
- Experience with operating and testing IP radios/modems is preferred
- Knowledge of wireless communication systems, RF signal propagation, and digital communication technologies is a huge plus
- Proficiency with programming languages such as C/C++ is a nice to have
- 0-5 years experience preferred
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering
- Ability to pass a background check
- Must be a U.S. Citizen due to clients under U.S. government contracts
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.