Senior FPGA Design Engineer - West Coast
Los Angeles /
Silvus is a rapidly-growing high-tech entrepreneurial company in the heart of West Los Angeles. The company delivers the most technologically advanced Mobile Ad-Hoc Networking (MANET) solution to multiple markets including: Law Enforcement; Unmanned Systems; and Military, among others. Along with its successful MANET product line, the company also delivers on ground breaking research in the area of wireless data communications. The company has experienced rapid growth over the past 12 months and is expecting the rate of growth to continue with the introduction of new products and services.
Silvus Technologies is seeking a Senior FPGA Design Engineer to participate in the design and development of our StreamCaster line of MIMO mesh networking products and participate in advanced wireless systems R&D.
- Our FPGA designers actively participate in all aspects of the development process from concept to field deployment:
- FPGA design architecture definition
- Fixed point system simulations
- RTL coding and test bench development
- FPGA design synthesis and timing closure
- Hardware verification and troubleshooting
- MSEE required, Ph.D in Electrical Engineering a plus
- 4+ years of FPGA design experience required
- Proficient in VHDL (preferred) or Verilog (2+ years preferred)
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing (DSP), MIMO, wireless systems is a plus
- Experience with multiple clock-domain, high-speed, high-utilization FPGA designs
- Experience with Xilinx FPGAs, SoCs and the Vivado IDE
- Experience with Matlab/C/C++ is a plus (2+ years preferred)
- Must be a U.S. Person (permanent resident or citizen) due to clients under U.S. government contracts
- Ability to pass a background check
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.