Director of Unmanned Systems
Los Angeles /
Silvus is a rapidly-growing high-tech entrepreneurial company in the heart of West Los Angeles. The company delivers the most technologically advanced Mobile Ad-Hoc Networking (MANET) solution to multiple markets including: Law Enforcement; Unmanned Systems; and Military, among others. Along with its successful MANET product line, the company also delivers on ground breaking research in the area of wireless data communications. The company has experienced rapid growth over the past 12 months and is expecting the rate of growth to continue with the introduction of new products and services.
Silvus Technologies is seeking a Director of Unmanned Systems who will work directly with the Sr Director of Unmanned Systems and will actively participate in all aspects of the sales cycle, for both existing and emerging markets/channels in the unmanned system market.
- The following are some current essential job functions of the position. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time in its discretion.
- Direct sales into target markets with responsibility over the entire sales process.
- Securing relationships with business partners and customers in the UAV and UGV sectors.
- Identifying new market segments and opportunities that build on the company’s core MIMO solutions.
- Responsible for all stages of customer interactions from initial contact, through final sales and follow-on.
- Travel in support of trade shows, demos, and customer meetings.
- As necessary, performs other related duties of which the above are representative.
- Trade show and demo support – be the primary POC (with oversight from Senior Director) on scheduling booth space for following year in strategic location.
- Work with Sr Director’s existing network to understand the requirements and customer base to build your own networking relationship and to bring in new orders from existing business.
- Keep up on trends, changes, and competitor actions that might affect our position within this market.
- Have an annual target of new business to help the current growth in the unmanned systems market.
- Help build a pipeline of deals into our Zoho database to inform our leadership of what opportunities are to come.
- Some administrative functional support as needed.
- Must be a U.S. person U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident due to clients under U.S. government contracts
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of Sales experience
- Track record of successful sales of MANET and/or radio solutions
- Technical in nature
- Business Development and Sales Background in technical field, preferably in autonomy
- Military background preferred
- Working understanding of alternative MANET technologies and their relative strengths
Security Clearances Required:
- May require travel 1 - 2 weeks per month.
- Office environment
- Trade shows
- Outdoor environment for demos
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.