Principal R&D Engineer
Los Angeles /
R&D – R&D /
Silvus is a rapidly-growing high-tech entrepreneurial company in the heart of West Los Angeles. The company delivers the most technologically advanced Mobile Ad-Hoc Networking (MANET) solution to multiple markets including: Law Enforcement; Unmanned Systems; and Military, among others. Along with its successful MANET product line, the company also delivers on ground breaking research in the area of wireless data communications. The company has experienced rapid growth over the past 12 months and is expecting the rate of growth to continue with the introduction of new products and services.
The Principal Research and Development (R&D) Engineer oversees and participates in the capture, planning, design, prototyping, and verification of wireless technology projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Technical management of R&D projects and programs to include:
- Responsibility for overall system design and requirement specification.
- Setting and tracking development schedules and tasks.
- Overseeing paper design, simulation, software, FPGA, and testing efforts.
- Customer-facing engagement and technical material preparation where needed.
- Reporting to management as required for strategic planning and assessment.
- Participate in R&D business development and capture efforts to include:
- Whitepaper and proposal preparation.
- Understand current technology and pitch future enhancements and strategies.
- Communicate (telephone/email/in-person) engagement with government and industry.
- Work collaboratively within the senior R&D team on the following:
- Executing larger, team-wide projects.
- Setting a comprehensive team-wide technology portfolio and pipeline.
- As necessary, perform other related duties of which the above are representative.
- When necessary, supervise a team of junior or senior engineers involved in a given project or R&D program for which the Principal Engineer is responsible.
Qualifications and Experience
- M.S. or Ph.D. in a relevant technology field (i.e., wireless communications, signal processing, statistics, optimization, networking, RF design, etc.).
- 10 years of experience in the design and development of wireless systems.
- 5 years of experience in technical project leadership (i.e., principal investigator).
- Participation in the complete technology development cycle: design to field testing.
- Areas of skill (familiarity required, expertise desirable):
- Simulation and prototyping software: C/C++, MATLAB, Python, etc.
- RF propagation, channel modeling, digital communication.
- Wireless ad-hoc mesh networking, medium access, and routing algorithms.
- Signal processing algorithms, MIMO, OFDM, beam-nulling, etc.
- Cognitive radio, congested and contested spectrum, interference mitigation.
- RF sensing, signal detection, and classification, etc.
- Technical writing, proposal preparation, and technical presentation.
- Must be a U.S. person or U.S. Citizen due to clients under U.S. government contracts.
- Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check.
- Infrequent travel to support customer interactions or test and demonstration events.
Los Angeles, CA
Silvus Technologies Headquarters
Compensation Range: $180k - 250k
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.