Los Angeles /
Operations – Shipping /
Silvus is a rapidly-growing high-tech entrepreneurial company in the heart of West Los Angeles. The company delivers the most technologically advanced Mobile Ad-Hoc Networking (MANET) solution to multiple markets including: Law Enforcement; Unmanned Systems; and Military, among others. Along with its successful MANET product line, the company also delivers on ground breaking research in the area of wireless data communications. The company has experienced rapid growth over the past 12 months and is expecting the rate of growth to continue with the introduction of new products and services.
The Shipping/Stockroom Associate will be responsible for shipping, receiving, day-to-day operations of the stockroom, and miscellaneous associated tasks. The position is full-time, onsite Monday through Friday.
- Responsible for all steps of outbound domestic and international shipments, including inspection, packing, and preparation of paperwork.
- Management of packaging material inventories, packaging of product to be shipped, and arrangement of transportation/carrier services.
- Facilitate on-time delivery schedule, tracking information for loaner product and standard accessories, and packing and shipping for tradeshows.
- Assist with packing and shipping of outbound customer orders.
- Inspect and verify incoming packages against purchase orders; receive purchase orders in the system, move inventory to and from receiving inspection, stock, kit and issue materials to the production team or accessories for out-going orders and follow through with transacts in the system.
- Responsible for organizing and stocking all materials, clearly labeling bins with part number and date code information; maintaining a clean warehouse environment.
- Maintain inventory accuracy and perform cycle counts and year-end physical inventory counts.
- As necessary, perform other related duties of which the above are representative.
- Minimum Education:
- Minimum Experience:
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and/or shipping and receiving.
- Experience with FedEx, UPS and DHL systems and software.
- Experience shipping commercial goods to international destinations.
- Skills Required:
- Computer savvy (MS Office, Outlook, MS Excel).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Resourceful and able to adjust quickly to dynamic daily priorities.
- Must be a U.S. person
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident due to clients under U.S. government contracts
- Certifications/Licenses Required:
- Security Clearances Required:
- Rare local travel, as required by Silvus
- Indoor air-conditioned facility
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
$19 - $22 an hour
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.