Contracts Administrative Assistant
Los Angeles /
Legal – Legal /
Silvus is a rapidly-growing high-tech entrepreneurial company in the heart of West Los Angeles. The company delivers the most technologically advanced Mobile Ad-Hoc Networking (MANET) solution to multiple markets including: Law Enforcement; Unmanned Systems; and Military, among others. Along with its successful MANET product line, the company also delivers on ground breaking research in the area of wireless data communications. The company has experienced rapid growth over the past 12 months and is expecting the rate of growth to continue with the introduction of new products and services.
Silvus is seeking a full time Contracts Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the legal and contracts department. This position reports to Silvus General Counsel with dotted-line reporting to the Contracts Manager. Duties include general clerical assistance, document processing, and preparation to ensure Silvus maintains compliance with all laws, regulations, and its ethical obligations.
Tasks include but are not limited to reviewing contracts, managing deadlines, and independently handling one-off projects to improve policies and procedures. Candidates should be self-motivated, organized, with a strong attention to detail, and a willingness to learn. This is an entry level position with room for significant growth.
- Maintain compliance, facility security, and training calendars
- Schedule meetings, and ensure timely notice of upcoming deadlines.
- Maintain compliance records and execute contracts.
- Assist with compliance/security audits and other tasks necessary to maintain and monitor compliance with policies and regulations.
- Adapt and update templates to prepare new legal documents.
- Vendor and subcontractor management, including file maintenance, invoice review, cost proposal assistance, and monitoring deadlines.
- Maintain and track Silvus’ government property inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including reading comprehension, and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks with competing priorities without sacrificing accuracy or efficiency.
- Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
- Must be a U.S. person (permanent resident or citizen) due to potential access to ITAR controlled information.
Compensation range: $20/hr - $25/hr
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.