Director Of Accounting
New York, NY
We're reimagining how people enjoy sports.
Today, the sports betting industry predominantly relies upon manual labor to price and trade in-game betting markets. The user experience is less than ideal; it’s often complicated and transactional.
SimpleBet is using modern technology to enable sports betting market creation and trading to become entirely automatic and algorithmic for the first time ever. This creates more betting opportunities, enables more efficient pricing for existing betting activity, and reduces operating expenses via automation.
We are also recreating the sports betting user experience – enabling casual fans to interact with products that are simple, intuitive, and entertaining.
We are looking for an experienced accountant to join our growing team. As the Director of Accounting, you will lead key aspects of our finance and accounting functions, including month-end close, consolidation, financial reporting and certain business operations. You will work closely with our accounting and leadership teams to build out and define key financial processes. As a direct report to the Chief Accounting Officer, you will be a leader within our organization and have the opportunity to drive our strategy and vision forward towards global success.
Who you are:
You are a leader with a track record of creating and implementing new strategies. You are focused on efficiency and best practices. New challenges and the opportunity to shape a growing team excite you. You have a deep knowledge of corporate accounting, and experience with companies that have an international presence.
We'll trust you to:
- Lead, coach, hire and develop a high performing accounting team, ensuring redundancy in training across key processes
- Develop relationships with the SimpleBet leadership team in order to effectively execute on company policy and process changes as well as other key company-wide initiatives
- Identify, track and report on key financial and non-financial performance metrics; work with the team to analyze trends and develop/implement changes to drive improvements
- Work with the Chief Accounting Officer to recommend and implement new financial accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Build efficiencies into all aspects of the group's operations including systems and process
- Lead all aspects of the month end close, financial reporting and consolidation processes
- Effectively manage audit, tax, and valuation process with third party firms
- Assist with accounting-related budget items during annual budget and periodic forecasting cycles.
You'll need to have:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting
- 7+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience, with 4+ years as an Assistant Controller/Senior Manager of Accounting, or similar position in a technology company
- Strong team leader with experience building, managing and developing a global team
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP, with SaaS experience preferred
- Proven project management skills with a focus on timeliness and high-quality results
- Effective problem solving, methodical, detail-oriented, innovative, and highly analytical
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
- A multi-tasker with the ability to accurately work in a fast paced, rapidly growing and changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
We'd love to see:
- Experience with a Big 4 firm
- SEC reporting (10-K, 10-Q) experience
- Knowledge of cloud-based ERP systems and implementations of such systems
- Experience in a multi-country/currency environment
SimpleBet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation for the interview process, and we will make every effort to provide it.