Senior Elixir Engineer
New York, NY
We're reimagining how people enjoy sports.
Today, the sports betting industry predominantly relies upon manual labor to price and trade in-game betting markets. The user experience is less than ideal; it’s often complicated and transactional.
SimpleBet is using modern technology to enable sports betting market creation and trading to become entirely automatic and algorithmic for the first time ever. This creates more betting opportunities, enables more efficient pricing for existing betting activity, and reduces operating expenses via automation.
We are also recreating the sports betting user experience – enabling casual fans to interact with products that are simple, intuitive, and entertaining.
What’s in it for you:
Does Elixir and OTP’s approach to concurrent computing fascinate you? Are you looking for a new challenge to further your understanding of distributed systems? Do you strongly value test-driven development, and are obsessed with taking hard problems and making them simple? We’re looking for an Elixir developer with experience building real-time software who wants to take their career to the next level. In this role, you’ll use your experience to create industry-leading, live Sports Betting products.
We'll trust you to:
- Architect and develop Elixir code to enhance and support our Sports Betting services
- Find opportunities to improve our product’s capabilities and improve the team’s knowledge
- Evangelize and implement best practices in Software Engineering
You'll need to have:
- Strong experience building data-driven applications
- Strong experience in data structures and algorithms
- 3+ years of experience shipping software to production
- A strong desire to tackle hard problems
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science, Math or equivalent experience
We'd love to see:
- A passion for Open Source, especially in the BEAM community
- Experience with Elixir or Erlang in production
- Experience with Lean Product Development
SimpleBet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation for the interview process, and we will make every effort to provide it.