Senior iOS/Android Engineer (Flutter)
New York, NY
We're reimagining how people enjoy sports.
Today, the sports betting industry predominantly relies upon manual labor to price and trade in-game betting markets. The user experience is less than ideal; it’s often complicated and transactional.
SimpleBet is using modern technology to enable sports betting market creation and trading to become entirely automatic and algorithmic for the first time ever. This creates more betting opportunities, enables more efficient pricing for existing betting activity, and reduces operating expenses via automation.
We are also recreating the sports betting user experience – enabling casual fans to interact with products that are simple, intuitive, and entertaining.
Who you are:
Would you like to reimagine the way fans interact with sports? Do you want to build intuitive and fun to use products that people love? Does Flutter, a toolkit for building cross-platform experiences, interest you? We're looking for a mobile developer with a background in building engaging user experiences for Android and iOS. In this role, you'll work within a cross-functional team to build a new type of live, sports betting product.
We'll trust you to:
- Work with Product and Design to craft great mobile user experiences from product discovery to delivery
- Write clear, maintainable, and testable code
- Work with backend engineers on simplifying complex server/client interactions
- Improve our product by learning from data-driven insights in user behavior
You'll need to have
- 3+ years of experience developing mobile applications with Swift/Objective-C or Kotlin/Java
- A test-driven approach to building software
- A strong desire to tackle hard problems
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science, Math or equivalent experience
We'd love to see:
- A passion for sports
- Experience and interest in the Flutter toolkit
- Experience with Lean Product Development
SimpleBet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation for the interview process, and we will make every effort to provide it.