Senior Rust Engineer
New York, NY
We're reimagining how people enjoy sports.
Today, the sports betting industry predominantly relies upon manual labor to price and trade in-game betting markets. The user experience is less than ideal; it’s often complicated and transactional.
SimpleBet is using modern technology to enable sports betting market creation and trading to become entirely automatic and algorithmic for the first time ever. This creates more betting opportunities, enables more efficient pricing for existing betting activity, and reduces operating expenses via automation.
We are also recreating the sports betting user experience – enabling casual fans to interact with products that are simple, intuitive, and entertaining.
What’s in it for you:
Do you love optimizing code down to the last instruction? Is segfault a bad word in your household? We are looking for Rust engineers to productionize our novel Sports Betting models. In this role, you will be implementing Rust code to deliver the odds of sports betting markets in real-time. You will work closely with our Data Science team to architect our internal machine learning framework and implement algorithms for producing odds in microseconds.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop features to productionize and support our Sports Betting models
- Architect and optimize Rust code for raw speed, cache-locality and robustness
- Evangelize and implement best practices in Software Engineering
You'll need to have
- Experience in low-level systems programming using Rust, Go, C or C++
- Strong experience in data structures and algorithms
- 3+ years of experience shipping software to production
- A strong desire to tackle hard problems
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science, Math or equivalent experience
We'd love to see:
- A passion for Open Source, especially in the Rust community
- Understanding of statistics, machine learning, Data Science
- Experience with TensorFlow and other Machine Learning frameworks
- Experience with functional programming languages, especially Elixir and Erlang
- Experience with Lean Product Development
SimpleBet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation for the interview process, and we will make every effort to provide it.