New York, NY
We're reimagining how people enjoy sports.
Today, the sports betting industry predominantly relies upon manual labor to price and trade in-game betting markets. The user experience is less than ideal; it’s often complicated and transactional.
SimpleBet is using modern technology to enable sports betting market creation and trading to become entirely automatic and algorithmic for the first time ever. This creates more betting opportunities, enables more efficient pricing for existing betting activity, and reduces operating expenses via automation.
We are also recreating the sports betting user experience – enabling casual fans to interact with products that are simple, intuitive, and entertaining.
We’re looking for curious, self-starters who want to help build new and innovative products from the ground up. As a Software Engineer at SimpleBet, you’ll be integral to building our real-time sports betting products. You’ll have exposure to technical talent from from different backgrounds and take ownership over what you create. You’ll dabble in cutting edge technologies, including Elixir and Rust. Our engineering team is highly collaborative, so you’ll work closely with our Data Science and Product teams as well.
We'll trust you to:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Take full ownership over your projects and the development life cycle
- Collaborate across not only the Engineering teams, but with Data Science and Product as well
You'll need to have:
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technology field
- Experience programming in Elixir, Rust, Python, C, C++, Go or related languages
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
We'd love to see:
- Interest in sports
- Strong math or statistics understanding
- Interest or experience with Machine Learning and AI
SimpleBet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation for the interview process, and we will make every effort to provide it.