VP, Legal & Business Affairs
New York, NY
We're reimagining how people enjoy sports.
Today, the sports betting industry predominantly relies upon manual labor to price and trade in-game betting markets. The user experience is less than ideal; it’s often complicated and transactional.
SimpleBet is using modern technology to enable sports betting market creation and trading to become entirely automatic and algorithmic for the first time ever. This creates more betting opportunities, enables more efficient pricing for existing betting activity, and reduces operating expenses via automation.
We are also recreating the sports betting user experience – enabling casual fans to interact with products that are simple, intuitive, and entertaining.
As VP of Legal & Business Affairs, you will coordinate compliance matters internally and with outside gaming counsel. With this industry emerging, we need an experienced counsel to help us navigate the changing legislation both within the US and internationally.
Your responsibilities include:
- Serve as primary point person on legal & business affairs matters
- Coordinate with all departments to assure compliance with all contractual relationships, including proper reporting, etc.
- Work across all areas of SimpleBet to execute key partnerships/alliances as needed
- Work with Leadership to ensure enforcement of policies and procedures
- Ensure effective relationships between all departments, including effective, proactive communication with other group heads and corporate officers
- Participate in senior management policy deliberations
- Direct and coordinate the work performed by external counsel, actively managing the cost of internal and external legal resources
- Assist and provide guidance to management to ensure minimal legal risk to the business
- Ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk. Develop and implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues.
You'll need to have:
- JD with 5+ years of overall work experience
- Experience working within sports, gambling and/or media/entertainment industries
- Experience working within regulated industry (managed compliance, etc.)
- Experience managing business affairs (employee matters, corporate needs, etc.)
- Experience working with growth companies that have scaled
- Willingness to roll up sleeves to accomplish
- Effective team builder and leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
SimpleBet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation for the interview process, and we will make every effort to provide it.