New York, NY
We're reimagining how people enjoy sports.
Today, the sports betting industry predominantly relies upon manual labor to price and trade in-game betting markets. The user experience is less than ideal; it’s often complicated and transactional.
SimpleBet is using modern technology to enable sports betting market creation and trading to become entirely automatic and algorithmic for the first time ever. This creates more betting opportunities, enables more efficient pricing for existing betting activity, and reduces operating expenses via automation.
We are also recreating the sports betting user experience – enabling casual fans to interact with products that are simple, intuitive, and entertaining.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist with first-rate problem-solving skills, an interest in the sports or betting markets, as well as experience with statistics, machine learning, data structures and algorithms, and computer science fundamentals. You’ll help build and design statistical machine learning algorithms that ensure maximum profit through pricing sports markets efficiently and improving customer metrics.
We'll trust you to:
- Apply statistical techniques to analyze data, and engineer relevant signals for sports markets pricing
- Implement baseline machine learning-based pricing models, and improve upon them iteratively
- Learn and implement cutting-edge machine learning algorithms to improve pricing accuracy
- Write production worthy code to productize any algorithms designed, ensuring they run in an online real-time fashion
- Apply statistics to and develop algorithms in problem spaces beyond pricing markets, such as user tailoring, determining betting limits, and managing risk
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to align algorithm development with customer needs, business needs, and data science/risk engine vision
- Provide recommendations on algorithms and problem spaces to explore as you work with and analyze SimpleBet data
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Applied Math or related field
- Strong interest in sports, the sports markets, and/or the betting markets
- Strong understanding of programming and computer science fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of statistics, AI/machine learning algorithms, and pattern recognition techniques
- Experience in productizing algorithms, and improving their efficiency/runtime
- Understanding of Python, SQL, R, and related data processing languages
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
We’d love to see:
- Experience in sports analytics
SimpleBet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation for the interview process, and we will make every effort to provide it.