Senior Product Designer
New York, NY
We're reimagining how people enjoy sports.
Today, the sports betting industry predominantly relies upon manual labor to price and trade in-game betting markets. The user experience is less than ideal; it’s often complicated and transactional.
SimpleBet is using modern technology to enable sports betting market creation and trading to become entirely automatic and algorithmic for the first time ever. This creates more betting opportunities, enables more efficient pricing for existing betting activity, and reduces operating expenses via automation.
We are also recreating the sports betting user experience – enabling casual fans to interact with products that are simple, intuitive, and entertaining.
Would you like to re-imagine the way fans interact with sports? Does building interactive second-screen gaming experiences interest you? Do you want to build beautiful, intuitive, fun to use products that people love? Join us in building one of the U.S.'s first mobile sportsbooks. We're looking for a mobile product designer with a background in building engaging user experiences. In this role, you'll work within a cross-functional team to build a new type of live sports betting product.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build beautiful mobile interfaces that delight users
- Work with product, user research, and engineering to craft great mobile user experiences from discovery to delivery
- Craft lo-fi and hi-fi prototypes that help inform product decisions
- Collaborate with engineering to ensure handoff of designs and styleguides with accurate specs and assets
- Spearhead a user-centered process that includes: customer discovery, feature validation, information architecture, and lean iteration
- Sweat the small stuff, have a reason behind every pixel
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience designing applications
- A portfolio that demonstrates a strong mobile product design sense
- Track record of contributions to innovative, successful products
- Mastery of your preferred design tool (Sketch, InDesign, Figma etc)
- Strong prototyping capabilities using your tool of choice (Axure, Principle, Mockplus, Framer etc)
We'd love to see:
- A passion for sports and betting
- Familiarity with game mechanics and game design methodologies
- Experience with Lean Product Development
SimpleBet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation for the interview process, and we will make every effort to provide it.