Python Software Engineer
New York, NY
We're reimagining how people enjoy sports.
Today, the sports betting industry predominantly relies upon manual labor to price and trade in-game betting markets. The user experience is less than ideal; it’s often complicated and transactional.
SimpleBet is using modern technology to enable sports betting market creation and trading to become entirely automatic and algorithmic for the first time ever. This creates more betting opportunities, enables more efficient pricing for existing betting activity, and reduces operating expenses via automation.
We are also recreating the sports betting user experience – enabling casual fans to interact with products that are simple, intuitive, and entertaining.
As a Python Engineer on our Data Engineering team, you will develop data-intensive microservices to productionize our sports betting models. You’ll help us build a centralized data warehouse and data lake for all of our internal data sets, an ETL pipeline, and relational databases for our applications with implementations in Python and Elixir. You will also be responsible for fetching, organizing, manipulating, and maintaining all of our data in order to optimize machine learning research for our data science team.
We'll trust you to:
- Build robust and reliable microservices in Python and PostgreSQL
- Design, populate, and integrate the production databases that power sports betting applications
- Organize raw data from a variety of sources into a cohesive, centralized data warehouse
- Build robust ETL pipelines with best practices and data governance in mind
- Write software to optimize workflows in data science research and production implementations
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of Python software development experience building data-driven applications
- Strong understanding of relational database systems, data structures and algorithms
- Basic knowledge of statistics and machine learning
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles.
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree from an accredited university or college in computer science or related field
We'd love to see:
- Experience with Elixir or a low-level language like C or Rust
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience working closely with Data Scientists
SimpleBet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation for the interview process, and we will make every effort to provide it.