Senior Technical Product Manager
New York, NY
We're reimagining how people enjoy sports.
Today, the sports betting industry predominantly relies upon manual labor to price and trade in-game betting markets. The user experience is less than ideal; it’s often complicated and transactional.
SimpleBet is using modern technology to enable sports betting market creation and trading to become entirely automatic and algorithmic for the first time ever. This creates more betting opportunities, enables more efficient pricing for existing betting activity, and reduces operating expenses via automation.
We are also recreating the sports betting user experience – enabling casual fans to interact with products that are simple, intuitive, and entertaining.
We are developing a portfolio of data science products to expand our research into many domains. As a Technical Product Manager, you will provide quantitative support, market understanding and a strategic perspective to partners throughout the organization. You’ll need to prioritize future work, identify how to expand the team's infrastructure, work with cross-functional teams to help brainstorm the vision, and understand how to build upon the team's existing set of algorithms and software tools to ensure they are products that drive the business strategy forward. As a Technical Product Manager, you will help to maximize outcomes and minimize outputs by being the conduit between data science, engineering, product, sales, analytics, and leadership.
We'll trust you to:
- Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership, creating visual displays of quantitative information
- Develop and automate reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to understand their business needs, formulate and complete end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations
- Own relationships with executive stakeholders across the company
- Define, manage, and evolve product strategy, roadmap, and the vision
- Identify and economically prioritize features or needs while bringing to bear savvy technical knowledge and product instincts to deliver world-class solutions
- Own product performance by setting proper success metrics and tracking them in a way to maintain accountability but also inform the future product roadmap
- Monitor industry trends to find opportunities and modify strategies
- Work directly with data science, engineering, and design to ensure our products exceed standards of quality
- Operate a cross-functional unit in an agile setting, clear product backlogs, and forward-looking plans that align to your mission and success metrics
- Work with technical leadership in engineering and data science to help build a business case for innovative ideas
- Synthesize technical feature ideas across departments into a cohesive product specification, and build consensus through review with stakeholders
- Work with data science and engineering to track the technical innovation that drives massive long term value by ensuring to commercialize technical innovation to drive rapid release cycles of value delivery to our customers
- Build consensus and ensure technical leadership stakeholders are always represented in product decisions
You'll need to have:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Electrical engineering or equivalent experience 5 years of relevant industry experience in an analytical function related to a mathematical, statistical, computer science, engineering, physics, economics or other quantitative field
- Experience as a data scientist or quantitative developer, as well as a product manager, strategist, and/or consultant
- Experience working with statistical packages
- Experience articulating product questions, pulling data from datasets (SQL) and using statistics to arrive at an answer
- Understanding of data analysis and relational-style query languages
- Understanding of machine learning and/or statistical modeling
- Ability to perform data visualization
- Experience coding in a high-level programming language
- Experience with distributed computing
- Experience with engineering quantitative production and data ingestion systems
- Strong learning and growth mindset
- Customer-focused mindset
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- A track record of independently delivering or leading the delivery of multiple complex data science projects
- Knowledge of machine learning production environments
- Ability to code in Python and/or SQL
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders and senior leadership
We'd love to see:
- Master's or Ph.D. degree with an emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Data Sciences)
- Passion for and understanding of sports and/or sports betting
- Experience in extracting large sets of data, and design of ETL flows
- Work experience in an interdisciplinary/cross-functional field
- Experience as a product manager driving features in a highly technical and quantitative product
- Distinctive problem-solving skills and impeccable business judgment
- Capable of translating analysis results and data science findings to evolve the business direction
- Experience running online experiments, e.g. split and/or A/B/n tests and attribution modeling
- Experience with Agile (e.g., continuous delivery) and Kanban (e.g., WIP constraints and Little’s Law) development
- Understanding of information, decision, control, and queuing theory
SimpleBet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation for the interview process, and we will make every effort to provide it.