Business Strategy and Operations
About Simple Habit
Here at Simple Habit, we are on a mission to empower people to live better, every day. We are working hard to build a place that people trust for their mental wellness.
Simple Habit makes reducing stress as easy as 5-minutes a day. With over 2,000 short meditations and audio therapy sessions produced by world-class experts, Simple Habit gives busy people a practical way to relieve daily stress, anxiety and mental distraction.
As our first Business Operations and Strategic Finance hire you will serve as the connective tissue of our cross-functional team. This is a high impact role reporting directly to the VP of Strategy & Operations. You will work closely with the leadership team and CEO to not only help develop new strategies, but also drive their execution and own the outcomes. Analytical rigor and strategic thinking is a must, but we'll also need you to get your hands dirty to help drive real, sustainable impact. You’ll help determine where Simple Habit should be headed, and be given a wide charter to help the company get there.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of our business; develop deep understanding of value drivers to identify and prioritize key strategic opportunities.
- Serve as the connective tissue of a cross-functional team (including Product Management, Marketing, Finance and other internal groups, etc.), working to share knowledge and drive people towards a common goal
- Lead execution on high impact projects that directly influence business results
- Design, implement, and operationalize performance metrics using dashboards at the company and functional levels
- Communicate effectively across all levels (within the team, to cross-functional partners, to leadership / executives)
- 5+ years of experience within a Business Operations and Strategy focused role
- 2+ years of experience in business operations or strategic finance within a high growth startup or technology company
- 2+ years of experience in management consulting. investment banking or private equity
- BA/BS degree in business or related discipline
- Highly analytical with ability to consume and process large amounts of unstructured information
- Experience decomposing and solving real world business problems, ideally building/using advance models
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance
Nice to have:
- Experience with SQL or other BI tools
- Experience working within a content or subscription based company
Founded in 2016, Simple Habit was featured on Shark Tank, Forbes, Business Insider, HuffPost, and more. We are backed by Y Combinator, Foundation Capital, New Enterprise Associates (NEA) and many other prominent CEOs in Silicon Valley.
To be the destination people trust for their mental wellness, Simple Habit knows that diversity of experience and background is important. We're committed to being an equal opportunity employer because we know to create a product for the world and its people, you start with a team that reflects that.
Benefits and Perks at Simple Habit:
Unlimited vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer employees an open vacation policy.
Competitive benefits package – We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a range of competitive health, dental and vision benefits for a series A start-up.
Equity Compensation - We're growing rapidly and we want to share our future success with you. We offer an above-average ownership stake in Simple Habit for all employees.
San Francisco office location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location with a short walk from Caltrain and a medium walk from BART.
Commuter Benefits package- However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
Daily lunches and office snacks – Nothing says thank you like free food. We offer company-wide healthy and wholesome lunches everyday to fuel your journey. You can also find a fully stocked snack drawer to get you through that 3pm slump.
Dinner- If you find yourself working late at the office, get dinner delivered, on us!
Fitness - At Simple Habit, we care about your mental and physical wellness. We offer our team a monthly stipend towards any class or membership. We have also partnered with Crunch fitness to provide discounted gym memberships while including flexible daily gym breaks so you can actually use it!
Lifetime Subscription- Once you join the team, Simple Habit will provide you a lifetime subscription to our platform.
1% Everyday- At Simple Habit we empower employees to grow 1% every day. We offer a yearly learning and development package to invest in your continuous professional growth.
401k- Simple Habit offers employees a 401k retirement plan.
Transparent and social culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We kick off every Monday morning with a team meditation and update meeting to review milestones and metrics. We also have regular social outings and several off-site outings each year to discuss the broader vision.
Dog friendly office- Got a furry friend? Simple Habit is a dog friendly office; no need for pet sitters or dog walkers!
Executive Coaches- We invest in our employees professional growth by hosting quarterly executive coaching sessions. You will have the opportunity to identify and develop your unique strengths while also learning how to communicate and collaborate with our diverse team