Fort Worth, TX
Development – Data
Simpli.fi is the leader in localized programmatic advertising solutions. Local media groups, multi-location brands, trade desks and local-focused networks leverage Simpli.fi’s ability to customize audiences to local needs, and to deliver superior performance on high volumes of localized campaigns.
Simpli.fi is hiring highly qualified and motivated Data Engineers for its Data team located in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the transfer pipelines that you build to transform and move data to our voluminous Data Warehouse (Flume, Kafka, Spark Streaming, Hadoop, Vertica)
- Architect, build and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to our customers (Vertica/Star Schema, Looker analytics)
- Design and develop new systems and tools to enable clients to optimize and track advertising campaigns (Vertica, Looker, Spark)
- Use your expert skills across a number of platforms and tools such as Python, Ruby, SQL, Linux shell scripting, Git, and Chef
- Work across multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end
- Provide support for our existing production systems. We use Datadog and PagerDuty for monitoring and alerting.
- Proficiency building and supporting applications on Linux topology.
- Familiarity with OO and FP methodologies and philosophies.
- Moderate experience in Big Data ecosystem (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- Proficiency in Ruby or Python development.
- Familiarity with column-oriented Big Data systems such as Vertica or Cassandra.
- Familiarity with profiling and tuning a SQL execution plan
- Familiarity with the JVM. Scala is a definite plus.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical field.
Simpli.fi offers employees a full benefits package that includes: subsidized life and health insurance, 401K contribution matching, partnerships with fitness centers, as well as paid holidays and vacations.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.