Vice President, Corporate Development
Fort Worth, TX
Administration – Executive
Simpli.fi is the leader in localized programmatic advertising. We enable the largest buyers of localized advertising to achieve performance on high volumes of localized digital ad campaigns, whether they are served on mobile, display, video, Connected Television (CTV), or native inventory. Simpli.fi customers include leading multi-location brands, agencies, local media groups, networks, and trading desks.
Simpli.fi is seeking an experienced Corporate Development executive to join the senior executive team and help architect and execute our long-term vision. This role will report to the Chief Executive Officer. The position will work directly with both Simpli.fi’s senior management team and Simpli.fi’s private equity partner, GTCR.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Thorough knowledge of the Advertising and Marketing technology industries along with relationships with executives at companies in the sector.
- Strong capabilities in industry mapping, market research, company evaluation, and deal negotiation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for working and building relationships with employees at Simpli.fi, GTCR and potential target companies.
- 5+ years of experience in similar roles.
- Continually develop and refine Simpli.fi’s corporate development strategy
- Research and maintain a mapping of industry participants and competitors, conduct company evaluations, assess risks and opportunities, and provide insights on industry trends
- Work closely with the CTO to align development roadmap with market trends
- Work closely with the CFO to prioritize growth investments
- Lead Simpli.fi’s M&A strategy and execution
- Evaluate target companies for financial, operational and strategic fit.
- Lead cross-functional deal teams across finance, legal, HR and IT to ensure the timely completion of diligence and integration planning.
- Execute all aspects of strategic acquisitions and joint ventures from inception through due diligence, valuation, negotiation, closing and integration.
- Advise other Senior Executives on deal risk and reward, make financial recommendations in a confident manner and flawlessly execute after closing
- Build and maintain relationships with investment banks, VC and PE firms, executives at relevant companies, and competitors to source acquisition opportunities.
- Adaptable – must be comfortable in a dynamic business environment with occasionally long hours. Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously with multiple counterparties.
- Business acumen – deep understanding of what drives growth and value.
- Clarity of thought – strategic thinker with strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to prepare presentations and build consensus.
- Team Oriented – Able to earn trust and influence and motivate without authority. Capable of leading others, working independently, and earning respect and credibility from Executives.
- Proactive –motivated self-starter and intellectually curious with a tendency towards action.
- Fluent in Excel and Powerpoint, with proven financial modeling experience and a deep understanding of valuation principles.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a quantitative discipline; MBA or advanced degree a plus.
- At least 5 years of M&A experience and direct experience preparing and presenting materials to Board-level Executives
Simpli.fi offers employees a full benefits package that includes: subsidized life and health insurance, 401K contribution matching, partnerships with fitness centers, as well as paid holidays and vacations.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.