Real-time DevOps Engineer
Fort Worth, TX /
Engineering – Real-Time Bidding /
WHO WE ARE:
Simpli.fi was listed as one of Inc. Magazine's “Best Places to Work” in 2019 and ranked #5 in Dallas Morning News' “Top 100 Places to Work” in 2018. We are a growing leader in localized programmatic advertising solutions.
We work to maintain our award-winning culture by doing the following:
We foster opportunities to play with ideas and approaches.We promote a collaborative and caring environment.We ensure career potential via cross-training, conferences, paid training, and stretch projects.We grow quality designs through testing and peer review.We have a relaxed atmosphere, flexible hours, and work from home options.
We're looking to hire developers interested in working with fellow experts in tackling real-time software problems at scales up to one terabyte an hour.
We're the Real-Time Bidding team and are one of four development teams at Simpli.fi. We keep our fleet of bidding, budgeting, ad serving, and telemetry servers fast and feature-rich. We embrace the latest technology to keep things humming along, including C++20, Elixir 1.11, Kafka, and Kubernetes. We work with whatever you're familiar with - whether it's Vim, Emacs, or an IDE. We even maintain a couple of open source projects to boot.
We're looking for folks to work out of our Fort Worth office. So if you're tired of traffic, sky-high costs of living, or just looking for your next BBQ, Taco, or brewery fix, check us out!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- You'll be gathering and understanding requirements.
- You'll be architecting and designing software.
- You'll be testing, reviewing, and developing code.
- You'll be deploying, monitoring, and maintaining solutions (i.e., "DevOps").
- You'll be planning and estimating projects.
- You’ll be sheperding projects from inception to completion using the activities above.
YOU’LL HAVE THE FOLLOWING TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- You have experience with Linux development.
- You have experience with IT automation software (Chef preferred, Ansible/Puppet experience is of interest).
- You have an interest in growing more into software development while maintaining your ops skills.
- You have 5 or more years of experience in software, IT, DevOps, or a similar field.
- You have accessible, persuasive, and concise written and verbal communication.
WORKING WITH US HAS ITS REWARDS:
Simpli.fi offers employees a full benefits package that includes: subsidized life and health insurance, 401K contribution matching, partnerships with fitness centers, paid holidays, maternity, paternity, and vacations. We have catered lunches on Wednesdays and catered breakfasts on Fridays, lots of delicious snacks, fancy coffee machines, and a game room with skee ball!
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.