Server-Side Software Engineer
Fort Worth, TX /
Engineering – App /
WHO WE ARE:
Simpli.fi is a leader in programmatic advertising and agency management software delivering integrated omnichannel workflow that helps media buying organizations perform more effectively and efficiently. Simpli.fi’s primary clients are independent advertising agencies as well as multi-location brands, local media groups, networks, and trading desks with over 100,000 active daily campaigns run by more than 30,000 active advertisers.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking to hire smart software engineers for its Application Development Team. Join a closely knit team of programmers with varied skillsets and technology backgrounds as we work on full-stack application development projects to solve interesting problems for Simpli.fi’s Ad Technology platform. This role will focus primarily on building out the server-side functionality for our web applications and APIs.
YOU’LL HAVE THE FOLLOWING TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- At least 5 years of web development experience
- Programming with server-side languages: Ruby, Python, Elixir, Node, or something similar
- Familiarity with an MVC framework such as Ruby on Rails, Django, etc.
- Strong OOP / OOD skills. Enjoys writing clean, DRY code. You might know a design pattern or two.
- TDD or some background in writing automated unit and integration tests (e.g. RSpec, Minitest, etc.)
- Relational Databases and SQL
TOOLS THAT HELPS US OUT:
- None of these are requirements. We understand that folks with different backgrounds aren't necessarily going to have experience with all or even most of our stack. But this will give you an idea of what kind of technology you would be working with if you join us.
- Ruby on Rails
- Elixir and Functional Programming
- Redis or other NoSQL solutions
- Resque or similar background processing frameworks
- Concurrency / Multi-threading
- Design Patterns / Domain Driven Design
- Willingness and ability to communicate effectively with non-technical team members
- Accepts and gives feedback constructively
- Open to discussing different options and accepts the direction the team decides to take on a project
- Continues to build technical skills, apply them to projects and share them with other developers
WORKING WITH US HAS ITS REWARDS:
Awesome company environment and benefits with a great management team. Competitive pay based on experience, 17 PTO days, 401K match, and employer sponsored healthcare options.
We have company sponsored happy hours, a relaxed culture, Foosball breaks, and catered meals. We allow partial work from home and flex time. We are currently 100% remote during the COVID pandemic.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.