Head of Customer Experience
London, United Kingdom
Product – Customer Experience
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place towork.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston,USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
Holding our people accountable to the small businesses and landlords we serve, this role represents the customer in all we do.
The Head of Customer Experience at Simply Business brings research, insight and understanding about our customers to the decisions we make, and to inspire us to create something better.
As the Head of Customer Experience you will:
- own and develop the Customer Insight and User Research functions
- represent the customer’s needs across the business, with the support of your team
- manage a centre of excellence for user research
- lead a continuous user research programme across the entire company, to support product teams and the wider business
- have strong technical understanding of how to make the best use of tools and usability in your domain, and best practices
- drive the delivery of insight to measure the success or potential opportunity of products across Simply Business
What we are looking for:
- an influencer who’s an industry expert with domain expertise in a wide range of user research techniques, and who provides thought leadership internally and externally
- an empathic leader who can draw out and then represent customer pain points to drive focus on improvement
- an excellent manager who coaches, empowers and motivates a team, and is committed to helping them achieve their best
- someone who creates change, collaborates across the business to ensure analysis is actionable, and champions using the output in discovery next steps
- someone who’s performance-driven, with extensive experience in working with and influencing great product teams, and delivering insights that create significant customer and business value
- someone who’s authentic, with an excellent track record of inspiring a culture of humility within their domain
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences