Marketing – Brand Marketing
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
We’re looking for a talented Copywriter to join our busy in-house Content team.
You’ll play an important role within the team, creating timely and well-researched articles for our Knowledge centre, contributing editorial ideas, and using your expertise to help shape – and deliver towards – copy briefs.
As a Copywriter you will:
- write compelling content aimed at small business owners and landlords, with a focus on producing articles for our highly successful Knowledge centre
- deliver first-class copy on a wide variety of projects – from email campaigns and brand advertising, to product pages and user testing
- ensure all copy is in line with our tone of voice, acting as an ambassador for the Simply Business brand style
- work to tight deadlines on multiple projects at a time
- collaborate with and advise stakeholders on external comms best practice
- sub-edit and proofread other writers’ work
- use data to help shape our editorial direction
- suggest new formats and tests to help elevate our content to the next level
- work closely with our Marketing, Customer Insight, Product, and Commercial teams (and more) to help deliver our strategy and support wider business efforts
- help the team to drive continued business value from intelligent and effective content marketing
What we are looking for:
- impeccable spelling and grammar, able to QA your own work and others’
- experience in working towards – and helping to define – project briefs
- a firm understanding of the fundamentals of SEO
- a delivery-centric background, either through an agency/news desk role, or a fast-paced/multi-faceted in-house position
- a solid understanding of measuring content success through key digital metrics
- a tight grasp of the nuances that can make content/copy land or fall flat
- is proactive in contributing ideas to help shape our editorial calendar
- experience in a digital-first organisation
- the ability to drive projects and multi-task, prioritising according to business value
- a team player, able to embrace the Simply Business values and working culture
- is resourceful and collaborative
- an appreciation for UX, and an understanding of the way users consume different types of content
- pairs creativity with an eagerness to deliver results
- an open mind with a desire to learn and take on feedback
- comfortable writing in a conversational tone of voice, with an emphasis on simplicity and plain English
- a degree in English, Journalism, or a related Marketing or Comms field – a bonus but not essential
- understanding of the small business and landlord audience – again, a bonus but not essential
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
We also have a great deal more to pick and mix from, with things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences