London, UK /
Finance – Financial Planning & Analysis /
We’re Simply Business
We insure small businesses and enable big dreams – not just for our customers, but for our people and communities too. With over 800,000 active insurance policies, we protect builders, bakers, landlords, and more than 1,000 other trades.
We harness cutting-edge data ability, believe in experimentation, and build our own technology to deliver better experiences for our customers and employees. This means we’re as much a technology company as one that sells insurance. We build, we fail, we learn, we improve. We’re a B Corp too, which recognises our strong track record of having a positive impact on people, society and the environment.
If Simply Business sounds like the kind of place you’ll thrive, we’d love to hear from you.
We're looking for a FP&A Analyst to join the Financial Planning and Analysis team from our London hub.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- supporting our shared service teams and acting as a business partner for leads within the organisation
- leading and assisting with budgeting and rolling forecasting. Delivering a robust and accurate budget against tight deadlines
- developing and producing regular reports to assess performance. While supporting decision-making at various levels of management
- conducting in-depth analysis of financial performance, identifying trends and risks
- gaining a deep understanding of business areas to influence capacity utilisation and cost allocation reporting
- using knowledge gained of the business to make sure the data used for monthly reporting and forecasting is accurate. As well as working with stakeholders to address data inaccuracies
- cost centre, headcount, and portfolio reporting as well as variance analysis and forecasting
We're looking for someone who is:
- qualified with a bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified or finalist
- curious and has a continuous improvement mindset to own and fix issues
- highly analytical and can to draw insight from large data sets
- able to show excellent Excel and modelling skills
- able to work cross-functionally, obtaining insights from stakeholders
- a great communicator who can proactively work with the business to achieve goals
- a self-starter that’s highly motivated and able to work autonomously in an agile environment
A few more details about the role:
- as a team we are responsible for:
- driving shared services delivery against global and in-market strategies. We do this by working with our business stakeholders to identify financial and commercially viable risks and opportunities.
- we’re key business partners that are involved in business decisions that impact our overall performance.
Our culture is inclusive and diverse
We Embrace Individuality We value what’s important to each and every SBer. Whether that be providing access to cutting edge wellbeing support, or being part of one of our many diversity networks and communities. We also take personal development seriously - we’re all about enabling big dreams.
We Trust Who We Hire We empower SBers with choice and flexibility to make the right decisions based on the needs of their roles and we’ve been working this way long before Covid19.
There’s no one-size-fits all solution when it comes to how often we get together in person, so all of our people and teams find the rhythm that suits them best when it comes to working from home or hub.
We’re innovative We've created a place for people to be curious, experience new things, and bring unique ideas to the table. If you want to learn how we do all this - head over to our Careers page where you’ll see us walk the talk
Our mission is to make Simply Business synonymous with fairness, belonging and inclusivity. We won’t be happy until we’ve created a truly inclusive culture – where every employee, whatever their background, role, or location, feels comfortable being their authentic self at work.
We all have a part to play – to learn more, to do more and to go further – in building this new reality that’ll be befitting of the diversity of the customers we serve. At Simply Business, we’re all in.
What are the benefits?
At Simply Business, our benefits let you balance life and work properly:
• flexible parental leave – you can choose to take shared parental leave, plus we offer full pay for the first six months of your maternity leave and four-week fully paid paternity leave, subject to meeting the qualifying criteria
• remote working – more of us are currently working remotely than usual, but longer-term you can balance working remotely with working in the office, giving you the opportunity to connect with colleagues
• mental health and wellbeing resources – we take your wellbeing seriously, giving you access to counselling (through our Employee Assistance Programme) as well as technology to support your mental health (through the Unmind app)
• paid sabbatical – two weeks off when you’ve been here for five years and four weeks off when you’ve been here for 10, 15 & 20 years
• a dedicated learning platform – including a management and leadership programme – the platform lets you balance both work and life goals
• life event leave – where every UK SBer has an extra day of leave, every two years, to use for whatever purpose they want, whether that be for moving house, welcoming a new pet to your household or celebrating your Birthday.
And we compensate you fairly:
• a competitive salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
• the potential to earn an annual bonus based on business performance (those on commission-led roles will be rewarded monthly)
• we match what you put into your pension up to five per cent
• a health cash plan reimburses your everyday medical expenses (with the opportunity to increase the level of your plan in your flexible benefits)
• a generous holiday entitlement of 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and an extra day of holiday every two years to use however you wish
• life assurance of four times of your basic salary
• Smart Health services including unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP
• a flexible benefits scheme with an allocated allowance each year to choose from benefits including private medical insurance, dental insurance, travel insurance, up to five days extra holiday, and gym membership
These values are important to us and our people
These all mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re thinking about working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.