Customer Team – Customer Team
Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach small business insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. Founded in 2005 (with our first international office in Boston launched in 2016), Simply Business is an online business insurance brokerage that specializes in one thing: protecting the businesses that entrepreneurs have worked hard to build.
Through blending a combination of technology, data, and insurance knowledge - with 10 years of expertise in the UK in how to build great products for our customers - we are looking to simplify the insurance-buying process for all small businesses across the US.
Right now we’re at the start of that journey. We need people who are looking for a challenge and have the drive and ambition to challenge the boundaries in whatever exciting project they believe in. We believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures and we’re creating a colorful and collaborative environment to help support you in meeting your ambitions.
If you’re smart, passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences across an integrated online and offline user journey, and enjoy solving complex challenges then you should apply to join our team.
The role of the SEO team is to deliver value and growth to the business by developing and implementing innovative strategies that will drive organic first-page rank for a set of strategically important keywords/topics while helping drive traffic and overall brand awareness.
As an SEO Manager you will:
- Research and understand the US market in order to identify key topics of interest
- Own the technical SEO space and be responsible for driving traffic to our site
- Ensure that SEO best practices are built into our online properties and overall content strategy
- Deliver technical optimization to our content and landing pages increasing site traffic and ultimately driving incremental business growth.
- Creating, managing, and delivering a comprehensive SEO strategy for Simply Business US and prioritize initiatives in line with business objectives
- Conducting keyword research to identify content areas that drives value to our customers, overall engagement, while delivering maximum commercial opportunity
- Work closely with our Content team to optimize our content and landing pages to drive the right traffic to the site
- Identify opportunities on and off-site to improve performance in organic search results
- Owning and monitoring technical SEO while driving requirements to optimize for ranking and on-site conversion
- Communicating with product teams on technical development stories and providing SEO input into business cases
- Assist when needed on uploading, editing, and managing content on our custom CMS platform
- Monitoring and reporting on trends and changes in keyword positions and their commercial impact
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers on SEO initiatives
- Communicating with wider teams and senior stakeholders on how SEO is delivering growth and value to the business
- Work closely with your UK counterparts on larger strategic SEO initiatives.
- Report back to the business on traffic, rankings and other SEO aspects and how they complement our internal KPIs and commercial impact
What we are looking for:
- A passion for the customer and insatiable drive to understand what quality content would add value to their lives
- Self-driven with the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-performing team environment
- Demonstrable experience of creating, executing, and effectively improving the SEO performance on a wide range of websites, and have solved technical problems for them which led to real business results
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including Content, Campaign, Marketing, Product, etc. Clear ability to create, plan, execute, and communicate our SEO strategy
- Strong knowledge of how search engine crawlers work and a clear understanding of the key areas that drive SEO value
- Competent using analytical tools to identify opportunities Commercially astute - you have the ability to understand key business priorities and how SEO delivers value to business KPIs
- An understanding of Mobile SEO
- Understanding of how to use owned channels to execute SEO campaigns
- Significant knowledge of Technical SEO
- Experience working with technical SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, Majestic, Ahrefs, Moz, SEMrush, Lighthouse, and Google Search Console
- An understanding of how both SEO and PPC channels can drive growth together Someone who is constantly up to date with industry developments
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Undergrad degree required, MBA a plus
- Agency experience a plus
What are the benefits?
Working in our Boston Office, you will have the chance to shape a business from the very beginning, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technology and business areas as you desire.
Plus there’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call "core benefits".
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
• Flexible working hours and working from home
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose)and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. We trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching and lots, lots more
It’s a big claim but we genuinely believe the Simply Business culture is truly unique. You sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there!
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretch themselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customers time and effort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences
We want to meet you
As a company, we pride ourselves on inclusion in the workplace. We succeed as an organization because we are comprised of intelligent women and individuals from other underrepresented groups. We understand you don’t find that in a lot of companies, so we’re emphasizing it here should you feel any hesitation to apply for that reason.
The hiring process at Simply Business is focused on candidates who are enthusiastic about the role and company. So even if you don’t fit every qualification listed in one of our job postings, yet you feel you’d be a great fit, we’d love to meet you. With any luck we’ll be seeing you at an interview soon.