Insurance Product Manager
Commercial – Insurance Product
A brief update on Covid-19 (coronavirus)
Simply Business is well prepared to deal with unprecedented events. We’re an agile business by nature – and our hiring and interview process is no exception. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, some parts of our hiring process may take a little longer than usual. Please bear with us, and rest assured that we're happy to hear from you and receive your application.
If it looks like you could be a good fit for the role, we’ll ask you to interview on Zoom – you’ll need WiFi and a laptop, or a 4G-enabled smartphone. If you don’t have access to either of these, or you need support with your application, get in touch with us at email@example.com. Similarly, please email us if you’re not well, you’re self-isolating, or if you want to pause your application for a bit – we’ll be happy to keep you updated on future opportunities like the one below.
Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. By combining exceptional talent, technology, data, and knowledge, Simply Business is the go-to online insurance brokerage that protects small businesses and the entrepreneurs who work hard to build them.
We want team members who have the drive to challenge boundaries. If you’re smart and passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
We need an Insurance Product Manager to join us in Boston, MA.
You’ll be joining this team to help us develop our Liability and Specialty insurance offering(s), and more broadly the solutions we deliver to solve customer problems. Empowerment and learning are important to us. You’ll have the autonomy to make decisions on what we execute while being accountable for results, ultimately playing a pivotal role in driving our continued success.
As an Insurance Product Manager you will:
- Lead what we sell. Proactively engage with stakeholders to set the direction of your product, defining the Insurance Product strategy and roadmap for that product, ensuring alignment to strategic priorities across the business
- Explore customer problems and appraise opportunities (with stakeholders before committing to them) to drive great customer experiences and growth
- Use customer and data insight from the market, our sales funnel, competitors, and claims to inform prioritization
- Take responsibility for forming hypotheses and measures, defining target KPIs to measure the success of your product
- Provide leadership and support as a subject matter expert in Liability and Speciality insurance for initiatives in how we sell. Championing solutions that work for customers in an insurance context
- Be responsible for Insurance Product decision making, prioritization and delivery while working closely with Assistant Insurance Product Managers and Digital Product Managers to deliver insurance product changes
- Deliver solutions in an agile way by writing user stories and acceptance criteria, planning delivery sprints, and coordinating across the business with key stakeholders and other teams
- Monitor and measure the success of your Insurance Product, managing and leading decision on future iterations, and feeding into insurer panel management
- Drive continuous improvement to ensure that we’re meeting the needs of our customers, ensuring our insurance products are suitable and delivered in an easy to understand format
What we are looking for:
- Experience in the insurance industry is required
- Experience in delivering a great insurance product – where you had a hands-on decision-making role in building/running one or more products sold digitally
- A track record of making trade-off calls on prioritization – being able to demonstrate great decision making using data and evidence
- Driven significant improvement in your product – from ideation to live with measurable success across defined KPIs
- Effectively worked with senior business leaders/stakeholders outside of your immediate team to facilitate requirement gathering/elicitation sessions
- Excellent technical insurance knowledge – you must be technically competent in how insurance markets and products work (e.g. underwriting principles and risk selection)Someone who cares deeply about customers
- Someone who brings a fresh perspective, challenging insurance industry dogma
- Someone who has attained or is studying for CPCU, CIC, CRM, ARM, AINS designations preferred but not required
- Someone who champions learning, is passionate about what they do and is excited about the way we work
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the great benefits and perks that come from being a Simply Business employee:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy, and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
• Flexible working hours and working from home
• Annual company trip, regular outings, and volunteer opportunities
• An awesome WeWork office with cold brew coffee and other beverages on tap, local pop-up events, and more
As a company, we pride ourselves on inclusion in the workplace. Simply Business is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Want more info on working at Simply Business? Check out our careers page: https://www.simplybusiness.com/careers/