Head Of UX Product Design
London, United Kingdom
Product – UX Product
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place towork.
There are currently over 400,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston,USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
We need a Head Of UX Product Design, to join us in our London office.
You’ll be taking charge of the UX Product Design team, key to creating amazing customer experiences that exceed our customers’ expectations and fulfill Simply Business’ ambitious growth plans. Leading a team of talented UX Product Designers embedded across a range of cross-functional product teams, you’ll be accountable for the end-to-end design of the customer experience, and responsible for ensuring that your team has the resources and skills required to successfully deliver the customer experience roadmaps.
As Head Of UX Product Design you will:
- Be responsible for the entire end-to-end customer experience across Simply Business’ products. That process starts with a deep understanding of our customer’s diverse needs and ends with user-friendly, elegant products and engaging user experiences.
- In this role, you will partner and collaborate with product managers, software engineers, and the business to plan and develop exceptional customer experiences.
- You should be well-versed in research methodology, current design trends and have a deep expertise in user experience. In short, we are looking for a senior design practitioner who can help us take our user experience to the next level and likes to have fun while doing it!
- You will lead a team of UX Product Designers who are directly embedded into cross-functional product teams, acting as a coach and mentor to help them become the best they can possibly be. We don’t split out the role of UX and Design here at Simply Business; UX Product Designers are responsible for the whole end-to-end design: from low fidelity wireframes through to final highfidelity designs.
- The role demands close working with our Brand team, and translating our brand identity and values into the digital journey. You’ll naturally also be working closely with Tech, and understand how to make compromises.
- leading and owning the Simply Business UX Product Design vision and strategy, and driving continuous improvement of its practices
- leading a data-driven design culture across UX Product Design to ensure that the team are working on the right product designs
- defining success criteria (OKRs), measuring progress and iterating - ensuring we deliver an exceptional customer experience
- partnering closely with product and engineering to translate business and users’ goals into elegant product designs
- staying close to our customer by working with our Customer Insight teams on user research events and testing your designs with users
We’re looking for:
- a portfolio showcasing your talent and ability
- bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 7+ years of experience
- a passion for solving customer problems and building amazing customerfacing
- products in environments such as e-commerce or FinTech.
- experience in designing cutting edge responsive websites/applications
- familiarity with agile development environments
- the ability to turn complex use cases into intuitive and shippable products
- exceptional written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present projects and status reports to team leadership
- strong organization and analytic thinking skills, with the ability to translate content into user stories, flows and diagrams
- a proven track record of collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams
- the ability to thrive in an open, creative and ambiguous environment
- someone passionate about Accessibility
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences