London, United Kingdom
Compliance – Compliance
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place towork.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston,USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
A Risk Manager to join us in the Risk and Compliance Team.
We don’t follow a ‘tick-box’ approach, we strive for an effective risk culture so we are looking for a Risk Manager that is keen to work in a way that really adds value to our business.
Our goal is to provide a best fit approach and continuously improve our risk management framework to ensure it is kept up to date with best practice, tailored to work within our business, and remains as effective as it can be.
As a Risk Manager you will Support the Head of Risk & Compliance and the team in implementation of risk management throughout the business and delivering to its risk plans by:
- embedding risk management within day-to-day decision making and prioritisation
- embedding risk policies and procedures
- identifying, assessing and evaluating risk whilst minimising surprises
- implementing strategies to minimise both risks and surprises
- reporting on risks
- identifying opportunities
- being a trusted risk adviser to the business
- you will ensure that the correct balance is struck between the commercial interests of the business; management of risks faced by the business; the statutory objectives of the regulator; and the interests of our customers
- design and effectiveness of the risk framework
- embedding the risk management practices
- ensuring effective implementation and completion of risk activities
- owning the risk process - keeping it up to date
- liaising with risk owners to identify, analyse and evaluate the risks against our risk appetite and monitor completion of risk actions
- develop risk mitigation strategies - agreeing risk actions and working with the risk owners to ensure completion
- day-to-day ownership and management of the risk reporting process
- being the central point of contact for the business on risk matters
- be the expert on our risk software - assisting everyone with day to day use
- responding to/supporting the business when risks occur
- supporting the business with incident management
- supporting sufficient and timely risk reporting - via the use of easy to interpret dashboards
- ensuring the accuracy and completeness of information held in our Risk Management Software including maintenance, review and evaluation of risk registers
- ensuring that the risk related policies, procedures and processes are fit for purpose
We are looking for someone who:
- has great analytical skills
- is an effective communicator
- builds great relationships and is a team player
- is proactive and able to work form their own initiative
- has an eye for detail
- has excellent technical knowledge on risk management best practices
- has experience of risk management in a regulated financial services setting - the role will suit an individual that has 2 - 3 years’ experience in a risk role with a regulated firm, ideally with an insurance or insurance broker firm
We want to meet you.
At Simply Business, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. Unfortunately, research has shown that some candidates, particularly women and people from other underrepresented groups, are put off applying for a job if they don’t fit every single one of the criteria.
But hiring at Simply Business isn’t a box ticking exercise – we’re much more interested in meeting people who’re excited to work with us. So if this job appeals to you and you think you’d be a good fit, send us your CV. With any luck we’ll be seeing you at interview soon.
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences