London, United Kingdom
Technology – Security
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place towork.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston,USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
We need an InfoSec Assistant to join us in London.
As an InfoSec Assistant you’ll manage the diary and team coordination activities of the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), providing high quality administrative support and acting as a gatekeeper to ensure the right priorities are kept at the top of the list.
You’ll be an excellent communicator with the ability to adapt your approach to deal with a variety of people in a way that reflects our company values. Excellent organisation and time management skills will also be essential, as the job involves managing diaries, working across different time zones, booking travel, preparing for meetings, and managing events.
We’ll be looking for you to make the best use of time and suggest better ways of working to find efficiencies. We’ll also need you to help keep our social culture alive by arranging social events. Knowing what we do and how we do it will be important too, as you’ll often be the first person a wide range of stakeholders speak to when they want to get in touch with our leadership team.
As an InfoSec Assistant you’ll:
- provide first-class day-to-day Executive Assistant support to the CISO
- act as a main point of contact and gatekeeper for diaries and availability
- plan and schedule meetings and appointments, which involves lots of juggling of dairies and room bookings
- manage inboxes, including organising, prioritising, responding to queries, and summarising relevant information
- organise team away days
- organise travel, visas, hotels, and cars, and create detailed travel itineraries
- manage expenses, book couriers, take minutes and notes in meetings, order catering for meetings, and greet guests
- liaise with internal and external customers and suppliers
- manage projects and conduct research
- prepare and edit agendas, correspondence, reports, and presentations
- carry out general day-to-day administrative support to help the InfoSec Team operate effectively
We are looking for:
- extensive experience working as a PA/Executive Assistant
- the ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- strong coordination and organisational skills
- ability to multitask and manage high work volumes
- excellent IT skills
- exceptional written and oral communication
- honesty and reliability
- excellent time management skills
- a good knowledge of London restaurants and social venues
- a positive and outgoing team player who’s happy to muck in
We want to meet you
At Simply Business, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. Unfortunately, research has shown that some candidates, particularly women and people from other underrepresented groups, are put off applying for a job if they don’t fit every single one of the criteria.
But hiring at Simply Business isn’t a box ticking exercise – we’re much more interested in meeting people who’re excited to work with us. So if this job appeals to you and you think you’d be a good fit, send us your CV. With any luck we’ll be seeing you at interview soon.
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences