PPC and Digital Marketing Manager
London, United Kingdom
Marketing – Acquisition Marketing
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place towork.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston,USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
Senior PPC and Programmatic Marketing Manager to join us in London
Pay-per-click is one of our most important channels for attracting new small business and landlord customers, and accounts for the greatest share of Simply Business’s acquisition marketing. We need an experienced leader to continue to drive the significant success we’ve had with this channel.
Reporting to the Head of Acquisition, you’ll be responsible for the PPC and programmatic functions, and your success will be measured in terms of growth and improved ROI through these channels.
As Senior PPC and Programmatic Marketing Manager you’ll:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of the UK PPC accounts, reporting on and presenting channel performance
- Have overall responsibility for managing bid management tools and technology to facilitate UK PPC activities
- Be responsible for the technical implementation and integration of UK PPC activities on our platform and into our data stream
- Oversee display and RLSA activities, with the aim of growing efficiencies, working with the Audience team
- Oversee programmatic activity with a clear remit to grow volume at a profitable rate through this channel, working with our agency and the Audience team
- Analyse individual campaign results to anticipate any issues and identify opportunities that might enable us to improve campaign performance
- Work alongside Product Managers, Customer Insight and Compliance, to ensure that activity is implemented with our customers at the heart of what we do
- Manage at least one team member and work closely with key contributors in Data Science, Operations (Contact Centre Team Managers), Marketing (across other channels), Product and Development (Marketing Tech Lead)
- Develop and implement a testing schedule to drive performance and innovation, participating in many beta opportunities and cutting edge trials
What we’re looking for:
- At least three years’ experience running PPC accounts with minimum £3m budgets in highly competitive markets
- Demonstrable experience improving PPC performance and innovating in the market
- At least a year’s experience running successful programmatic campaigns
- A commercially minded professional who understands how businesses operate and prides themself on delivering results
- Extensive analytical ability with an understanding of which metrics to focus on and how to drive performance improvements to these metrics
- Experience of working with bid management tools and automation technologies, including writing scripts and tracking campaigns and tests
- A people person who knows how to communicate, motivate and inspire a range of cross-functional teams, particularly within technology and marketing
- Someone who’s flexible and tenacious with a focus on delivery
- Experience or interest in insurance or financial services
- Experience or interest in working within or with small businesses
- Experience of working in a cross-functional team environment with technical people
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences