Insurance Product Manager- Workers' Compensation
Commercial – Insurance Product
Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach small business insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. Founded in 2005 (with our first international office in Boston launched in 2016), Simply Business is an online business insurance brokerage that specializes in one thing: protecting the businesses that entrepreneurs have worked hard to build.
Through blending a combination of technology, data, and insurance knowledge - with 10 years of expertise in the UK in how to build great products for our customers - we are looking to simplify the insurance-buying process for all small businesses across the US.
Right now we’re at the start of that journey. We need people who are looking for a challenge and have the drive and ambition to challenge the boundaries in whatever exciting project they believe in. We believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures and we’re creating a colorful and collaborative environment to help support you in meeting your ambitions.
If you’re smart, passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences across an integrated online and offline user journey, and enjoy solving complex challenges then you should apply to join our team.
We need as Insurance Product Manager to join us in Boston, MA.
You’ll be joining this team to help us develop our Workers' Compensation insurance offering, and more broadly the solutions we deliver to solve customer problems. Empowerment and learning are important to us. You’ll have autonomy to make decisions on what we execute on while being accountable for results, ultimately playing a pivotal role in driving our continued success.
As an Insurance Product Manager, you will:
- Lead what we sell: Proactively engage with stakeholders to set the direction of your product, defining the Insurance Product strategy and roadmap for that product, ensuring alignment to strategic priorities across the business
- Explore customer problems and appraise opportunities (with stakeholders before committing to them) to drive great customer experiences and growth
- Use customer and data insight from, the market, our sales funnel, competitors, and claims to inform prioritization
- Take responsibility for forming hypotheses and measures, defining target KPIs to measure the success of your product
- Provide leadership and support as a subject matter expert in Workers’ Compensation with core knowledge in other lines of business for initiatives in how we sell: Championing solutions that work for customers in an insurance context
- Be responsible for Insurance Product decision making, prioritization and delivery: Working closely with Assistant Ins. product managers and Digital product managers to deliver insurance product changes
- Deliver solutions in an agile way by: writing user stories and acceptance criteria, planning delivery sprints and coordinating across the business with key stakeholders and other teams
- Monitor and measure the success of your Insurance Product, managing and leading decision on future iterations, feeding into insurer panel management
- Drive continuous improvement to ensure that we’re meeting the needs of our customers, ensuring our insurance products are suitable, and delivered in an easy to understand format
What we are looking for:
- Experience in delivering a great insurance product – where you had a hands-on decision making role in building / running one or more products sold digitally
- A track record of making trade-off calls on prioritization – being able to demonstrate great decision making using data and evidence
- Driven significant improvement in your product – from ideation to live with measurable success across defined KPIs
- Effectively worked with senior business leaders / stakeholders outside of your immediate team to facilitate requirement gathering/elicitation sessions
- Excellent technical insurance knowledge – you must be technically competent in how insurance markets and products work (e.g. underwriting principles and risk selection)
- Someone who cares deeply about customers
- Someone who brings a fresh perspective, challenging insurance industry dogma
- Someone who has attained or is studying for CPCU, CIC, CRM, ARM, AINS designations preferred but not required
- Someone who champions learning, is passionate about what they do and is excited about the way we work
What are the benefits?
Working in our Boston Office, you will have the chance to shape a business from the very beginning, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technology and business areas as you desire.
Plus there’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call "core benefits".
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
• Flexible working hours and working from home
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose)and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. We trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching and lots, lots more
It’s a big claim but we genuinely believe the Simply Business culture is truly unique. You sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there!
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretch themselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customers time and effort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences