Boston Customer Solutions Center – Boston Customer Solutions Center
Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach small business insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. Founded in 2005 (with our first international office in Boston launched in 2016), Simply Business is an online business insurance brokerage that specializes in one thing: protecting the businesses that entrepreneurs have worked hard to build.
Through blending a combination of technology, data, and insurance knowledge - with 10 years of expertise in the UK in how to build great products for our customers - we are looking to simplify the insurance-buying process for all small businesses across the US.
Right now we’re at the start of that journey. We need people who are looking for a challenge and have the drive and ambition to challenge the boundaries in whatever exciting project they believe in. We believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures and we’re creating a colorful and collaborative environment to help support you in meeting your ambitions.
If you’re smart, passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences across an integrated online and offline user journey, and enjoy solving complex challenges then you should apply to join our team.
We are seeking an innovative and detail-oriented individual with a positive attitude to join our growing team as an Operations Specialist within our Customer Solutions Center (CSC). The Operations Specialist will be responsible for providing operational support, as well as managing the administrative support needed to assist the CSC in making sales, providing ongoing customer support, issuing quotes and policy documents, and directing inbound calls from customers.
The CSC is fast moving and experiences changes to processes on a frequent basis. The Operations Specialist will need to have a flexible approach, keen attention to detail, an eye for process documentation, and ideally has experience in making recommendations to improve process efficiencies.
As the Operations Specialist you will:
- Enter customer data into an external Insurers Portal
- Answer inbound calls from prospective customers
- Prioritize & allocate workload for Licensed Agents
- Manage call back process
- Issue Policy documents
- Assist Licensing Process
- Quality Check Licensed Agents calls for compliance purposes
- Update sales reports
- Manage shared Google Mailbox
- Document current and future state processes, looking for ways to make processes more efficient
What we are looking for:
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in using Google Suite
- Great organizational planning and problem solving skills as well as excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and take initiative, and work well under pressure and deadlines
- Curious and excited to learn
- Able to pick up new things quickly
- Excellent people skills, comfortable working across all levels and departments
- Has great judgement, discretion and can keep information confidential
- Has experience documenting current state workflows
What are the benefits?
Working in our Boston Office, you will have the chance to shape a business from the very beginning, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technology and business areas as you desire.
Plus there’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call "core benefits".
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose)and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. We trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching and lots, lots more
It’s a big claim but we genuinely believe the Simply Business culture is truly unique. You sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there!
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretch themselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customers time and effort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences
We want to meet you
As a company, we pride ourselves on inclusion in the workplace. We succeed as an organization because we are comprised of intelligent women and individuals from other underrepresented groups. We understand you don’t find that in a lot of companies, so we’re emphasizing it here should you feel any hesitation to apply for that reason.
The hiring process at Simply Business is focused on candidates who are enthusiastic about the role and company. So even if you don’t fit every qualification listed in one of our job postings, yet you feel you’d be a great fit, we’d love to meet you. With any luck we’ll be seeing you at an interview soon.